• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Weaver a trade candidate?....

DMVol

8 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

What team will be willing to part ways with anything of value in order to acquire a pitcher in his final season before retirement, shoving at 83 mph?

He probably has 2 more starts before the deadline and if he pitches like he did yesterday, there would be interest....his velocity being up a tick doesn't hurt at all either....

We wouldn't get much in return. At best, the other team takes on some of his salary, and that amount helps us either take on salary or another trade, or absorb more outgoing salary in another trade. 

Weaver may have interest in going to a contender so he can pitch in the playoffs again, especially if he is thinking this is his last year - but he's had enough success here and there this year I wouldn't be surprised if he's intending to pitch in '17 now, and I definitely could see the Halos picking him up again for next year, especially if they deal one of Shoe or Santiago.

13 hours ago, ettin said:

It's a remote possibility if a team needs a back-end starter who can eat some innings (which Weaver can do) and the Angels eat most of his salary. I'm sure he'd love a chance to win a ring if a team was willing to take him on.

I could see Weaver in a Dodgers uniform Or Giants.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you Claude, I'm just not mentally prepared to handle the image of seeing Weaver pitch in a Dodgers uniform. It's like seeing your mom naked. 

Lol and yes it just wouldn't seem right. Weaver is an Angel and I compare it all to GA and Howie. 

Everyone on this team is a trade candidate except for Trout.  If the Angels can get anything for Weave they should trade him.  He has a NTC and the Angels should absolutely abide by his wishes if he doesn't want to be traded (not that they have a choice anyway) since he did give a hometown discount, but if he will waive it, trade him!

I mean with Weaver, you basically get two results at this point....4 IP and 6ERs and a blowout from the start, or a game like his last two, where he just keeps a lineup off balance, doesn't strike anyone out, and grooves through 7IP without striking anyone out and getting a lot of pop-ups and weak grounders. For a team on the cusp with major rotation issues, he would be worth thit risk. The dude has the mental makeup to throw a gem here and there.

Reading some of these posts about Weaver, I think some folks have not checked some of the rotations of teams in contention -- there's some pretty weak rotations and not a lot of depth and good starting pitching available during the off-season.

Some team might be willing to make Weaver a rental for the stretch run and then see if he can handle the back end of the rotation next year.

One of those teams (well, not exactly IN CONTENTION) is the team he's been with his entire career.

For today's AL -- Weaver 83 mph fast ball and all is locating pitches and getting into the 6rh inning..........that's what teams need.

On 7/17/2016 at 6:29 PM, John Stellman said:

He and C.J. Wilson's salaries both come off the books at season's end.That gives the Angels somewhere around $40M to play with this winter. I'd like to see Weave finish the year in Anaheim and then see what happens?

Unfortunately there is not $40 Million worth of talent available this offseason