• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New Neighbors. Etiquette questions.

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

One summer weekend a few years ago, me and the chicks who live next door decided to throw a "neighborhood BBQ" which constituted them making girly MS Word flyers and me knocking on 12 doors and me handing them out.

I have plenty of nerve so it was no problem for me going door to door saying what's up.  Every person who was home had at least a 5 min convo and some went  a while.   The invite process on Sat AM was a process on its own.

The fact that these flyers were obviously made by them lended credibility to my story that it was "us" throwing the party and I also mentioned that "all neighbors" were in (bluff).

All in all, maybe 10 for 12 had shown up making it maybe 18 people and most had talked and comingeled with each other.  

Nothing has happened since but everyone waves to each other and we all seem to have the occasional stop and chat when it calls for such.

yep, that's how it's done.

Next door neighbors' kids knock on our door to ask if our dog can come out and play. Pretty cute.

On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 11:17 PM, red321 said:

We've lived in our current house for 6+ years...I think I've said a handful of words to the various neighbors in that time. One neighbor owns two houses next to each other. His wife kicked him out...he knows lives with his mom across town but he shows up every day to "work" on the second house...usually with his shirt off (he really should wear a shirt). His work involves moving his 5 cars randomly between the street and the driveway or hooking up a trailer and then unhooking it. Sometimes his son joins him sans shirt as well. His second house, which he goes in and out of at random intervals looks like it's boarded up. According to my wife he's a hoarder and the house is just full of crap...my theory is that one day I'm going to find a naked woman pounding on my door begging for help and I'm going to think...fuck...I knew it. And when the police show up they'll find a gaggle of women chained up. You know those people on the news who say..."wow...that's crazy...I never would have guess so and so did such and such"...yeah, that's not going to be me. I'll be.."holy shit...I knew it...hey, wife...you owe me 5 bucks".

Another neighbor sings opera (poorly), stands in the street and swears at one of the other neighbors house for 15-30 minutes a day because she thinks they stole her property...from what I can gather they built a really tall fence (why?...well, it becomes pretty obvious) and it was 6 inches over the property line. Last week she spent 15 minutes berating the OCTA driver who parked too far away from her driveway when he came to pick her up. I was shocked when he didn't just back over her wheel chair. Old crazy ladies who can swear up a storm are really funny as an fyi. Last year the police raided the trailer in her backyard because her son had turned it into a meth lab when he was on parole. She also thinks she is being spied on by the government so she'll stand outside telling those motherfuckers to stop watching her or she's going to fucking kill them...while amusing it is a tad bit unfortunate when you consider we live under the flight path for the local municipal airport and all the helicopters associated with said airport. 

I was informed we are supposed to have drinks with another one of our neighbors this Tuesday...which is odd...why now after 6 years...at our house?...In an apparently unrelated note he just started his own financial services company....

I like the set of neighbors to our west...the dude was a gardener and bought the house from one of his clients when the housing market crashed. I've never talked to him...but his lawn is always spotless and he and his 15 family members keep to themselves.

Oh, and my wife is dead set on the idea that our dogs recent near death experience due to rat poisoning is because of the weird fucker on the corner who the dogs absolutely hate. I don't think so...he is weird...but just because he's a pasty white middle aged dude who goes shirtless (seriously...why the hell don't dudes on my block wear shirts?) to play basketball at the local elementary school down the block does mean he's a sadist.

Would read again. 90/100

On 7/15/2016 at 11:17 PM, red321 said:

I was informed we are supposed to have drinks with another one of our neighbors this Tuesday...which is odd...why now after 6 years...at our house?...In an apparently unrelated note he just started his own financial services company....

Let us know how the tomorrow's pitch goes.

Red, just tell him that your cousin is a financial adviser and you use him. As soon as you're no longer a sales lead the dude will cut things short and you can get back to watching documentaries about Tazmania or whatever it is you're into. 

On July 17, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Adam said:

Maybe I'll pretend to be from Uzbekistan and bring my piss-in-the-house dogs over as a gift.

Een my cowntry ees costum to geeve pet to new wawndorful nay-bore. Ees also costum to keel dem eef day don't ayxept geeft.

tell them you're a jehovah's witness and you've really been looking forward to being able to talk with them.

So I get a bulletin from my neighborhood's yahoo group. 

Guess someone came over to someone's house last night in the evening.  Knocked on the door, and introduced himself as a new neighbor.  3 problems with it.  1 it was two streets over.  who the heck introduces themselves from 2 streets over.  2  the street number on that street doesn't exist.  and 3 and probably the biggy he was black. 

They tried to call the cops, but no one answered 911.