• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumbo vs. Stanton

This HR derby finally offered what I've been waiting to see for four long years, a battle between Trumbo and Stanton.  In fact, four years ago, I penned this little gem...

http://thecomeback.com/theoutsidecorner/2012-articles/home-run-derby-giancarlo-stanton-mark-trumbo-marlins-angels.html

The semi-finals gave us near 500 foot shots, with Trumbo even clipping the score board and hitting it up to the very top of the Western Metal Building in San Diego, something that had never been done before.  Giancarlo won it fair and square, both in length and volume, but this was the dream matchup and this year's HR Derby was the best in over a decade. 

the roster for the 1992 home run derby:

1992 Home Run Derby

Jack Murphy Stadium / San Diego, California

1st

Mark McGwire

Oakland

uk uk uk 12
2nd

Ken Griffey, Jr.

Seattle

uk uk uk 7
3rd

Joe Carter

Toronto

uk uk n/a 4

Cal Ripken, Jr.

Baltimore

uk uk n/a 4

Gary Sheffield

San Diego

uk uk n/a 4

Larry Walker

Montreal

uk uk n/a 4
7th

Fred McGriff

San Diego

3 n/a n/a 3
8th

Barry Bonds

Pittsburgh

2 n/a n/a 2

1992 Home Run Derby
1985-1989 Home Run Derby | 2000-Current Home Run Derby

I think my favorites before this one was the one in Fenway with McGwire and Sosa, and then Griffey in Seattle.

Trumbo is the only hitter in the major leagues that can even rival Stanton's power. That shot that hit the score board. That's 460+ on the fly. But Stanton jacked a few leave LF in Angel Starium by 130 feet.