• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2016 All-Star Game

what did Pete Rose do now??

wait, let me guess ? He talked about himself.

when the pre-game ceremony honoring Rod Carew and the late Tony Gwinn as two of the top hitters of all time -- sitting here at home, from here, I could almost feel Pete Rose going crazy in the booth exclaiming loudly that they weren't as good as he was at the plate.......must've been ugly........don't tell me he said something like that on the post-game show.......

45 minutes ago, disarcina said:

what did Pete Rose do now??

wait, let me guess ? He talked about himself.

when the pre-game ceremony honoring Rod Carew and the late Tony Gwinn as two of the top hitters of all time -- sitting here at home, from here, I could almost feel Pete Rose going crazy in the booth exclaiming loudly that they weren't as good as he was at the plate.......must've been ugly........don't tell me he said something like that on the post-game show.......

gwynn.

Moment of the game for me last night: Ozuna had singled scoring Buster to make it 4-2 in the top of the 4th. CarGo liner to Altuve for the second out. Guys on 1st and 2nd and Addison Russell is up. How many Cubs fans, praying like hell for home field advantage, would have rather had Seager, Diaz, or Crawford up in that spot rather than Addison? It's not possible to pin the whole game on one play/person, but it's kind of fun to blame Cubs fans and their stupid voting of an undeserving All-Star for losing the game for the NL and thus forcing the Cubbies to play the WS on the road, should they get there. Haha. Stupid fan vote. 

19 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Bases juiced ... Cuban rookie at the plate.

oh the drama 

And the ump, Mike Winters, calls a ball WELL OFF THE PLATE a strike, changing the count from 2-0 (hitters count) to 1-1.

It changed the at bat, and in effect changed the entire game. The all star game would be a great place to start experimenting using the computer to call balls and strikes. One should never know the names of the umps in an all star game.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

One should be good enough of a hitter to handle a 1-1 count.

An umpire in an All Star game should know a ball from a strike, and call it properly.

It wasn't even borderline. I assume you didn't even bother to watch the game, nor did you care about the outcome.

20 hours ago, the_dude_abides said:

Fuck Pete Rose.

Christ, this guy is a douche.

Fox has the worst pre game and post game shows.  Rose, Willis, and Frank Thomas almost make me wish I could watch Jose Mota and Roger Lodge host a dance competition.  

17 hours ago, Blarg said:

Correct, I don't care about the outcome. It is an exhibition game and changing an 0-2 count to 1-1 is not a pivotal moment in any game. Your hyperbole exceeds that of which makes sense.

All that shows is how very little you know about the game of baseball.

Oh, BTW your  grammar sucks as well.