• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pokemon Go

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

And to think.  This is Nintendo's first foray into the mobile market.  Wait till Mario or their other properties hit.  Consoles might have just taken a fatality blow.

Not even close.

And part of the reason is what you mentioned, but it's because they don't have any high level properties outside of this and Mario. It's why the Wii pretty much bombed.

Not only will there be no such fatality blow, but it will be the equivalent of a scratch.

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

Not even close.

And part of the reason is what you mentioned, but it's because they don't have any high level properties outside of this and Mario. It's why the Wii pretty much bombed.

Not only will there be no such fatality blow, but it will be the equivalent of a scratch.

The Nintendo Wii sold over 100 million units.

And they also have Zelda and Mario covers a ton of different titles.

And other very successful but not on the same level as Zelda/Mario/Pokemon like Metroid, Punchout, Smash Brothers, Animal Crossing and Kirby that would probably translate well to the teenager handheld group.

Remember, Nintendo is the king of handhelds, various models of the Gameboy have sold hundreds of millions of units and dominated the market until the last few years when phones took over.  Don't underestimate them and their weird fanboy following.  Just like this Pokemon thing.

@Lawrencethe Wii U was a pretty big dud though.  I think it only shipped like 10 million units and many game developers abandoned them.  Part of why they were hurting too is because they always made insane amounts of money off of the game boy franchise and they took a huge hit when the iPhone and Android phones got bigger and the game ecosystem took off.

So the funniest thing happened.  Was walking from the train station.  There were these I don't know I guess teenage boys in front of me.  3 of them.  One of them runs like he was going to make a crosswalk to cross it.  Then the other two yell, Pikachu, there is a check in for Pikachu.  The guy 180's it and runs back and says where where?  The guys go back at the 7 eleven.  They must have been egging him on, since they continued to walk away from the 7 eleven.

It is like the spider using little kids as his little birdies.  CIA is using teenagers as their little birdies.

With that said, that article makes a lot of really big assumptions, there is probably nothing to it.  Can't put anything past the CIA though.

I'll admit that I'm tempted to play Pokemon Go, since I love the Pokemon games. I also would feel really self-conscious about walking around town while playing a Pokemon game on my phone. But I know several adults, married people with kids, etc. who are playing it. 

I think its a good excuse to get people to become more active.  Getting outside and walking around is a good thing, even if someone is staring down at their phone (hopefully they have common sense enough to look around).  It is pretty much like geocaching but for Pokemon.  I just hope I don't get rear ended by someone playing it and driving at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, LooneyPlatoons said:

I think its a good excuse to get people to become more active.  Getting outside and walking around is a good thing, even if someone is staring down at their phone.  It is pretty much like geocaching but for Pokemon.  I just hope I don't get rear ended by someone playing it and driving at the same time.  Lets also hope people who play it have common sense, or else the population might get weeded down a bit.

if there are pokemons to find in glendale, the pedestrian death rate may rise to unprecedented numbers.

given that we have the highest pedestrian death rate in the state, that would be even more frightening than it already is.