• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Home Run Derby

Home Run Derby  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Giancarlo Stanton
    • Todd Frazier
    • Corey Seger
    • Will Meyers
    • Adam Duvall
    • Robinson Cano
    • Carlos Gobzalez
    • Mark Trumbo
    • Michael Nelson Trout

the HRD reminds me why chris berman sucks so much. i'm glad this is really the only time of the year i have to endure hearing him.

and what is with all the slobbing all over todd frazier? did he cure cancer or bail out the accounting dept at espn or something? my goodness, i feel like i'm walking in on a couple parked at the top of lookout peak on date night. this is embarrassing. 

for all the slobbering over stanton and whether or not he would hit the scoreboard, when trumbo finally hit it, the announcers were far less impressed.

stanton is just killing it in the final round. this has been fun to watch.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

And Trumbo hits it off the scoreborad and almost compltely over the brick building.

For those of you not watching on TV, the "scoreborad" is a fat lady who sings, and sits in the outfield pavilion, LOL.

opera-singer.jpg

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

I am so glad I missed it, and didn't have to be subjected to the "long since time to retire" Berman.

Congrats to Stanton, and hopefully your offense won't go into the toilet after being in the HRD.

The Derby itself seemed fun.  It would be much more entertaining if they focused on the derby, instead of the announcers making it about who they want to talk about and interview. 

I think that's one bad thing about the clock.  Makes it more exciting, but when Trumbo hits the scoreboard then over the brick building, they hardly have time to cover it.  Stanton may have had longer homers, but I really think Trumbo's weren't longer because he struck stationary objects. 

If they just had a home run derby, with Trumbo and Stanton switching off and hitting jacks, both of them mic'd up, and a few players like Trout MC'ing it, I think it would have been just as if not more entertaining.