• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Packing a suit for travel

Roll it.

for the jacket, hold it up and from the outside, pop in the shoulders. jacket should appear inside-out now.

grab it by the top, middle of the collar and fold vertically down the middle, lining up the lapels, while shaking/smoothing out any wrinkles.

place it down flat on a table. from the top of the jacket, begin rolling it down. ( it doesn't have to be an extremely tight roll. 

I used to use a suit bag but with the size limitations for carryons I had to switch to a luggage. I always travel with a dry cleaned suit still in the dry cleaning plastic. If your suite and or shirt is wrinkled hang them in the hotel shower wherever your are staying and turn on the shower on hot for about 10-15 min it will steam clean your suit perfectly. 

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

I've never seen a Mexican in a suit other than a defendant, so forgive me if I view this advice with some skepticism.

you went to Santa Cruz.  when we need advice on tie dye shirts and hemp jewelry we'll let you know.

until then, let the adults with closed-toe shoes take care of this 

agree with folding the jacket inside out. several of the guys i sing with do this and rarely if ever have a problem. i'll also add that keeping your suit in the dry cleaning bag seems to have some kind of magic in keeping wrinkles away, too.

of course, if you were smarter, you'd just buy a suit at sears when you get there and then just donate it to one of cals defendants when you get back home.

a little bit of everyone.

i didn't notice a difference between turning the suit half inside out and just rolling it from standard position. the key is to roll it with no sharp or heavy creases, it doesn't need to be tight unless it will move during the flight and get smashed and creased. i used to pack a few suits, shoes, etc. but kept the suitcase tight and compact so it couldn't move around and also rolled everything tight and kept everything as round as possible.

when i would get to my destination i would immediately unpack and running a hot shower with the suits hanging.....no need to go nuts where everything gets wet.

depending on the material, you can even do a light iron.....you're more interested in the weight than heat here. if you have a quality material suit you'll be fine....you kind of press it less than a dry cleaner. if you have a remotely shiny or cheap shoot don't even bother with the iron, or rather the heat of an iron. that burns pretty bad.

I have my suit dry cleaned, and i have a folding garment bag...is the vote still for rolling it?

I just think i remember last time i used the garment bag, it still came out with some wrinkles. I have a few dark blazers that would probably be fine, but this suit is a littlw lighter and not wool, so im thinking uts gonna wrinkle.

I have a travel steamer ill be bringing just in case

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I have my suit dry cleaned, and i have a folding garment bag...is the vote still for rolling it?

I just think i remember last time i used the garment bag, it still came out with some wrinkles. I have a few dark blazers that would probably be fine, but this suit is a littlw lighter and not wool, so im thinking uts gonna wrinkle.

I have a travel steamer ill be bringing just in case

just make sure you hang up your suit as soon as you arrive at the hotel

or the chicken ranch (wink wink).