• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Any Model Rocket Enthusiasts?

I was totally lost on this conversation then I saw yk's post about doing the rockets with his kids then it made sense.  I was wondering why an adult would do this, but if Nate is doing this with his daughter then it makes a lot of sense.  I was a horrible dad because when my youngest son wanted to go to a park to fly a kite I simply told him that flying a kite was a lot like not flying a kite and we can not fly a kite at home, then we stayed home and went swimming.  

Yeah I do it with my daughter.  She loves it.  Doing the countdown and pressing the button to launch then running after the rocket while it is parachuting back to the ground.

One problem here is that it is almost always windy so not many chances to launch.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Yeah I do it with my daughter.  She loves it.  Doing the countdown and pressing the button to launch then running after the rocket while it is parachuting back to the ground.

One problem here is that it is almost always windy so not many chances to launch.

Space-X needs to market one where it comes down on aremote control vehicle so you can drive it back to the launch pad. 

So by the time he is 16 he will finally get the tanker then all he needs is the box car and caboose? 

I helped build a model railroad with a friend of mine, it took up half his bedroom. We spent more time cleaning tracks and tracing dead spots and electrical shorts than running the train. In fact the train itself was kind of anti climatic. It was more about how to build a more realistic mountain and painting scenery. 

2 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Thread "derail": I want to get into model trains with my kid. I figured I can buy him a new addition to the set each year at Christmas and work on it with him together.

My daughter really wanted to do this but we figured she would get pretty bored of it after a while.  Of course we decided that after I built, sanded and painted a huge table for it.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

So by the time he is 16 he will finally get the tanker then all he needs is the box car and caboose? 

I helped build a model railroad with a friend of mine, it took up half his bedroom. We spent more time cleaning tracks and tracing dead spots and electrical shorts than running the train. In fact the train itself was kind of anti climatic. It was more about how to build a more realistic mountain and painting scenery. 

The scenery part is what I'd be into. I'm nerdy like that. 

one of my friends built a huge train getup in his garage. they mounted it on a sheet of 4x8 plywood, laid track, built mountains and villages and roads and shops, etc. the thing was amazing. his dad even put in a pulley system so they could lift it up and park the car inside. they spent months putting it all together.

in the time we were neighbors, i saw him lower it and run the train twice. that was in a span of 14 years. as far as i know, it's still hanging in his parents garage, and must have a pretty impressive amount of dust on by now.