• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Napoli

Been a while since we've had a good ol' Napoli thread...

The Angels made a lot of idiotic decisions since '09 with trading Napoli among the top.  The fact that he traded for one of the worst contracts in the league only compounded it.  Failing to sign Beltre and trading Napoli was the beginning of the decline

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

Mike Napoli has had a very nice career... the best of it since he left the Angels.  220 home runs.  $66 million.  Two World Series appearances.  One shirtless World Series ring.

Napoli's career WAR of 26.3 is higher than Mike Scioscia's 26.0.

It's all about the CERA bro. 

Sosh for HOF as a dodger. 

30 minutes ago, RuledByNone said:

Useful  player who is winding down. 8 out of 11 years in the playoffs is impressive if they continue to win. Not a bad career for a 17th round draft pick.

Howie was a 10th rounder. Trumbo an 18th rounder. Remember when this team could draft?

as far as I can tell, only Calhoun (8th) and Bandy (31st) were drafted lower than the first round (40-man roster)

On 7/2/2016 at 11:27 AM, California Cajun said:

I'm coming to believe that Napoli might have been the biggest loss for the Angels, after seeing how much better Texas, Boston, and Cleveland got after he joined the team.  Kind of like Dave Henderson and Don Baylor made the teams better they joined in the 80s.

Too bad Scioscia didn't like him.

6 minutes ago, John Stellman said:

Too bad Scioscia didn't like him.

Yeah, that was a big mistake IMO.  I thought his sporadic use hurt his production with the Angels. 

I said Napoli was the biggest loss, but after further review I go back to my long-held assessment that Adenhart was the biggest loss from that nice run from 2002-2009.  

1 hour ago, Angels#1Fan said:

The loss of Adenhart was huge. 

How can we, or you, know that? He pitched all of 18 innings in his major league career.

No, the decisions to trade for Wells, pass up on Beltre and sign Albert and Hamilton have hurt much more.

Throw in the decision to dump Eddie Bane, the guy who was director of scouting when we "found" Trout, and you have the reasons we are probably the worst organization in baseball, right now. 

No single decision or twist of fate (the death of Adenhart) could put us where we are, today. It's been cumulative.

4 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

How can we, or you, know that? He pitched all of 18 innings in his major league career.

No, the decisions to trade for Wells, pass up on Beltre and sign Albert and Hamilton have hurt much more.

Throw in the decision to dump Eddie Bane, the guy who was director of scouting when we "found" Trout, and you have the reasons we are probably the worst organization in baseball, right now. 

No single decision or twist of fate (the death of Adenhart) could put us where we are, today. It's been cumulative.

Did Reagins set Bane up by telling him to draft toolsy HS kids or he's fired ? & then fires him because the draft sucked.

5 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Who said it was? lol 

5 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

How can we, or you, know that? 

I stand by my opinion that the loss of Adenhart was huge, no more , no less.  If you want to read something else into that then be my guest.