• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon

Joe was a busy boy last night..

(From Cubs game notes MLB.com)

OK THEN: 22 Chicago Cubs players last night contributed to a wild win in Cincinnati that featured nine hits from hitters, eight pitchers pitching, seven runs a-scoring, six left fielders fielding, five 15th-inning runs a-crossing, four non-sequential outs from a pitcher who closed the game after entering as an outfielder, three hurlers outfielding, two slick inning-ending double plays and a Grand Slam to cap it all off.

Yeah man.  Joe Maddon is why we won that championship.  He was what made that staff special, not the man running it.  For years I was all over the fat guy's nuts, but not any more.

It's time to go get a great young manager who can bring energy to this team and make the staff around him better. Hopefully we have a GM who can restack it right.

3 minutes ago, MacNasty said:

Yeah man.  Joe Maddon is why we won that championship.  He was what made that staff special, not the man running it.  For years I was all over the fat guy's nuts, but not any more.

It's time to go get a great young manager who can bring energy to this team and make the staff around him better. Hopefully we have a GM who can restack it right.

Nah man...it was Mickey Hatcher.

One of the biggest complaints about Scioscia is line up construction, how many times have you said or read, "why the hell is Albert batting 3rd or 4th?"  Well I think we would all agree that Heyward has been a huge disappointment this season.  Well the genius Maddon has batted him 2nd all season long.  He has batted 2nd in 90% of thier games this season.  Sound familiar?  

Just now, Homebrewer said:

To think they are anywhere close to similar, in any way, is way more laughable.

I completely disagree.  You would know a little more about the Cubs than I know because you watch them daily.  That being said, you would also be much less likely to compare the two because you don't like Scioscia.  

Heyward has  struggled for a few months...albert has struggles for what, 5 YEARS??

If that's the best you can come up with, I'm done.

Oh and Tampa Bay - Chicago Cubs were not exactly dream jobs (until last year) but they got better with Joe at the helm. The Cubs brought in Joe because of his ability to relate, and patience with, young players and his creative nature. I've never heard anyone say anything about Scioscia that is complimentary in either of those areas.

Why you get so butt-hurt when anyone mentions Joe Maddon is a question you might want to ask yourself.

The Cubs also have talent to replace Heyward in the 2 hole.  The Angels don't have the talent to replace Albert in the clean up spot. 

If you think that the talent the Cubs had and were acquiring didn't make it a dream job you are delusional.  The entire organization changed with Theo got there. 

It was also just a matter of time for Tampa to put it together with all of their very early picks.  I do agree that Maddon was a huge part of it.  But I also think Scioscia is a huge part of the success the Angels have had the last 15 years. 

I will agree that Maddon has more patience with younger players. 

As far as why I get butt hurt about Maddon, it isn't about Maddon at all.  I just think its ridiculous that we have guys on here that think everything with the Angels is bad and everything everywhere else is better.  Hell we have people on here that think Dipoto walks on water, when in reality the guy did a shitty job in a lot of areas.  I honestly think the only person we universally agree on is Hatcher. 

Hell we have people on here that think Dipoto walks on water, when in reality the guy did a shitty job in a lot of areas.  I honestly think the only person we universally agree on is Hatcher. 

Dipoto? Really? JD was not the problem with this organization or the reason for it's dysfunction.

JD was merely a symptom of the disease that it's infected with..

Dipoto did what he could in a very short time with a meddling owner an egocentric manager. His situation was untenable and he walked out mid season because he couldn't do what he wanted to do in the FO and he couldn't communicate with the field manager who had no respect for him.

Did a shitty job you say? He didn't even get a chance to do ANY job. Much of that fact is on your hero Mike Scioscia and his protector and benefactor (and nutsack carrier)  Arte Moreno.

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I completely disagree.  You would know a little more about the Cubs than I know because you watch them daily.  That being said, you would also be much less likely to compare the two because you don't like Scioscia.  

His body of work in a difficult situation in Tampa pretty much speaks for itself.