• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Astros @ Angels 6/29 12:35

17 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Angels management knew what it was doing when it ended the message board on the team's own site.

The team wanted the anger vented off the premises because it knew the team would be challenged in many ways.

While I'm sure that Angels management had a desire to direct the venting, I seriously doubt they had any inclination about the injuries that have devastated the pitching staff that have killed this season and likely the next two as well. It seems apparent to me that a couple of kooks were responsible for the closure..at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. lol 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I expect typical Boston shenanigans. The Angels will score a bunch of runs each game but the pitching will blow the game late.

I think you are wrong.

The pitching will blow the game both early and late.

Like today.

I don't think the teams have anything to do with the MLB board.

I believe the MLB lawyers settled with "the wise owl" survivors who claimed he cashed in his chips over his banishment. They were also concerned about a current member, obviously the guy who kept "quitting for good," only to return two weeks later.

The other team boards still exist, so they selectively terminated one board.

These two guys irritated members for years for hijacking threads. The people in charge should have dealt with them before they got out of hand. 

1 minute ago, California Cajun said:

I don't think the teams have anything to do with the MLB board.

I believe the MLB lawyers settled with "the wise owl" survivors who claimed he cashed in his chips over his banishment. They were also concerned about a current member, obviously the guy who kept "quitting for good," only to return two weeks later.

The other team boards still exist, so they selectively terminated one board.

These two guys irritated members for years for hijacking threads. The people in charge should have dealt with them before they got out of hand. 

It seems like it would have been much better to just have banned the two kooks that were hell bent on ruining it for everyone else. But they chose instead to punish the people that enjoyed and supported the board for many years.

It's over and I for one have "turned the page" and am enjoying my time here..no looking back. 

It sounds just as goofy to me as it does to others, but It's Trouttahere had some contacts and checked, and that's what he was told.  The Major League Baseball forum deleted his post shortly after it was posted.  I believe it because only the Angel forum was closed.  I don't think teams shut them down to suppress criticism. But it is past history and some of us have moved on.

36 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

While I'm sure that Angels management had a desire to direct the venting, I seriously doubt they had any inclination about the injuries that have devastated the pitching staff that have killed this season and likely the next two as well. It seems apparent to me that a couple of kooks were responsible for the closure..at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. lol 

I agree the problem with the Angels is injuries.  Nobody could absorb this many.  I do think the best thing to do after a bad homestand is have a day off and go on a road trip.