• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels "listening" on Yunel Escobar

Chuck

If you can get solid prospects, I'd trade Escobar, Street, and Smith.  What sucks is we don't really have many valuable pieces to deal since the team is so awful, those three are about it.  Obviously you can't trade Trout, and I think Calhoun is another guy to build around.

Maybe Shoemaker, but I feel like he would net more in in offseason deal if he can finish with some strong numbers, or he also might be someone to keep if he's truly figured it out.  Santiago I also feel like we should wait, you don't want to sell low on a starting pitcher.

Hopefully Lincecum can bounce back from his last start, if so he's a guy to deal at the deadline.

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

For a team in last place it seems a lot of people have players they feel you can't trade. You do realize we are pretty much one of the worst teams in baseball. But ya lets not trade anyone haha

Welcome to Angelswin: Where we will trade you all the players we don't want but you can't have our good players.

But guys he's 33 he's something we should build with. Anyone close or over the age of 30 should be gone as soon as they have a deal in hand. This team is no where near competing gut and start fresh. Only players under the age of 26 maybe 27 should be on this team next year. That means just release Pujols 

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

For a team in last place it seems a lot of people have players they feel you can't trade. You do realize we are pretty much one of the worst teams in baseball. But ya lets not trade anyone haha

I'm not against trading pretty much anyone except Trout, Simmons or Calhoun. The trick is (1) finding a taker for our trash, and (2) getting something back in return who stands a reasonable chance of making it worth the effort of making a deal in the first place.

I don't believe that anyone is against making trades. However, most of us are realistic enough to know that we won't get jack in return for more than maybe two or three players on the current roster.

28 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I'm not against trading pretty much anyone except Trout, Simmons or Calhoun. The trick is (1) finding a taker for our trash, and (2) getting something back in return who stands a reasonable chance of making it worth the effort of making a deal in the first place.

I don't believe that anyone is against making trades. However, most of us are realistic enough to know that we won't get jack in return for more than maybe two or three players on the current roster.

Ok I understand Trout I kind of get Calhoun. But in the holy moly crazy world why would you not trade Simmons if someone offered you something. Dude is all glove if that and doesn't even come up to the plate with a bat in his hands. He might do just as well at the plate swinging his helmet at the ball. 

And if most of the board is realistic to know that then why don't you trade those two or three players. We ain't winning anytime soon. 

7 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Ok I understand Trout I kind of get Calhoun. But in the holy moly crazy world why would you not trade Simmons if someone offered you something. Dude is all glove if that and doesn't even come up to the plate with a bat in his hands. He might do just as well at the plate swinging his helmet at the ball. 

And if most of the board is realistic to know that then why don't you trade those two or three players. We ain't winning anytime soon. 

I wouldn't trade Simmons now because we would probably get less for him than what we sent to ATL.

He's still young enough and in a premium position, if he takes any step further with the bat he'd be worth a lot more, and we have at least another year or two to wait and take that gamble. I also buy in to the theory that this team won't undergo a full-scale rebuild and they'll sell off players gradually.