• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Brazil Olympics

I was watching some of the women's platform diving earlier today. I wonder what was going through the minds of the competitors as they prepared to plunge into the murky green depths below.

NBC reported that someone poured hydrogen peroxide into the pool - twice. This neutralized the chlorine that was put in to keep the algae and bacteria under control. What a genius. Not sure what they would be doing with that much hydrogen peroxide anyway. 

If this happened in the US that pool would have been drained overnight and ready to go the next afternoon even if they had to fill it with bottled water. It wouldn't be green for four days while officials sat on their ass and did nothing.

But it is Rio and they don't have that much clean water in the entire country.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Serena Williams is a Jehovah's Witness and they don't believe in pledging allegiance or national anthems. I guess it's a cult thing. 

Hmm.  First I heard that they are both Jehovah's Witnesses or of them not pledging allegiance. 

Now I won't feel as bad when a Jehovah Witness comes to the door and I spray them with the hose.

she looks like she has total contempt up there on the podium. whether she does or not, be respectful to those who won. that it's someone from her own country should be a little more meaningful for someone who knows she's going to be on camera.

yep, in general it's silly in today's day and age to try and hide sporting results...but cezero and others created a thread for real-time results to accomodate others.

Telling someone to make sure they watch a tape delayed event is not spoiling anything...if you have a problem with it stay out of the thread or stick to reading the newspaper.

I disagree. We don't need for someone to tell us: " wait til you see..." . 

Knowing something surprising, great, etc. is going to occur in a particular event before it occurs takes away from the overall impact of what you watch.  Watched the 400 final last night and the entire time I was trying to guess what cez was referring to. Just let us watch without any prior commentary on what's coming up. 

Instead of getting that "holy crap! He broke Johnson's world record!!!" feeling, I got : "oh, so that's what cez was talking about"

The other thread was started for those who weren't able to watch events live could still enjoy them without knowing about it ahead of time. You guys get to see events without any prior knowledge of what occured, why not allow us to do the same?

And if you can't refrain from doing so, we're not the ones who should be staying iut if this thread.

the Track & Field announcer is absolutely horrible. He always gets it wrong, culminating in saying," Gatlin  finishes in front" in a 200 meter semifinals heat. Not only did he not finish in front, he didn't finish 2nd either. He finished 3rd and didn't make the finals. 

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

the Track & Field announcer is absolutely horrible. He always gets it wrong, culminating in saying," Gatlin  finishes in front" in a 200 meter semifinals heat. Not only did he not finish in front, he didn't finish 2nd either. He finished 3rd and didn't make the finals. 

ratlin slowed up when he was in a crowd. poor move on his part. he then explained it away as some kind of ankle tightening thing. half expected him to say his glutes didn't activate.