• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Who gets the blame for the Angels 2016 downfall?

Chuck

Who (or what) has been the cause for the Angels downfall in 2016?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the blame for the Angels downfall in 2016?

• Jerry Dipoto
    • Billy Eppler
    • Arte Moreno
    • Mike Scioscia
    • The entire coaching staff
    • The players underperforming
    • The injuries
    • The entire pitching staff
    • Albert Pujols
    • The Scouting Dept. (Worst Farm System in Baseball)
    • Tony Reagins
    • Buttercup
    • Dehydration
    • Obama
    • The Marine Layer

Primarily I blame Moreno not because he hasn't spent money.... he has. However the decisions leading up to this season seemingly had his touch applied and I think, despite his eagerness to win, they were not made primarily by the baseball people.

This in turn is why I partially blame Mike Scioscia because he too seems to be slightly involved in those GM type decisions.

Beyond that Dipoto also gets a bit of the blame because he's supposed to be the GM and should have combated that a bit more.

Of course the primary reasons we are down this season is the obvious pitching injuries to our #1 and #2 starters and other injuries like Simmons being out for a while.

Additionally some players have really underperformed such as Pujols, Cron, Weaver, Perez and our LF tandem.

It's a lost season for sure now. Time to sell those short term parts that have value and retool for 2018 when I pray Richards and Heaney return full and healthy (or at least effective).

1 hour ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

I honestly had to think about this. My natural inclination is to blame Dipoto. Piss poor draft and international strategy and a bad track record in free agency. But then I had to look at the roster as presently constructed, and all I could really blame him for was Albert and his uselessness, Trumbo being home and a whole mess of tied up money that could've been spent on other players. But there's no guarantee other players would've been any better. So as much as I blame him in my heart, logically speaking it can't rest on him.

Injuries have taken Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Wilson, Tropeano and Simmons from us. 

We may not have the most days spent on the DL, but no team has as much value on the DL as we do. Our four best, young starting pitchers and star shortstop. 

I'd to blame Arte too. Not shelling out money for Dexter Fowler even when he was coming at an extreme discount was freakin' stupid. How could he expect Daniel Nava and Craig Gentry to be the answer. He chose chose the absolute worst time to become s freakin' greedy tight wad. 

Fowler is currently on the DL list too, not disagreeing with what you said just pointing that fact out.

Injuries wouldn't be as bad if they had something called Minor League Depth so I put alot of the blame on bad drafts, bad international presence & Artie Moreno. If they had the minor league depth they had in 2002 to 2009 they could probally finish 83-79.
Remember when the 2006 Angels had a young Jered Weaver, Joe Saunders in the minors as pitching depth ? They also had Napoli in the minors who got called up that year.

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Injuries wouldn't be as bad if they had something called Minor League Depth so I put alot of the blame on bad drafts, bad international presence & Artie Moreno. If they had the minor league depth they had in 2002 to 2009 they could probally finish 83-79.
Remember when the 2006 Angels had a young Jered Weaver, Joe Saunders in the minors as pitching depth ? They also had Napoli in the minors who got called up that year.

Yeah, 2006 wasnt near as bad. The mlb team faltered, but it was kind of exciting because we had the next wave coming up. The guys you mentioned, plus howie, aybar, morales, kotchman etc were enough to keep everybody excited for the next year.

when you have the wasted money that Wilson is getting and not even throwing a pitch, Hamilton who is playing for the rangers on the angels dime ( Moreno's ego and fault ) and all the other outstanding money owed on busted down players still with the team yea I blame Moreno he has the last word on every move!!! they are paying millions to weaver and he can't throw harder than batting practice!! freeze should of been resigned for third but was not and they spent money on so many utility people they thought could fill positions then could not and soto getting hurt killed the catching perez is just not a starting catcher and innetta is having a great year with seattle now!! until they address their pitching issue they will be a last place team. tim coming to the team to pitch is great now they have 1 real starting pitcher. bottom line until the owner steps up gets rid of players and their salaries who are not even playing or on the DL making millions they will stay there. I say pay them out and let them go now and fill the spots with players who can do the job and actually play the game!!! 

20 minutes ago, kingsosha said:

i would like to cast my vote for the broadcast team. when we had fizz and hudler we won. when they went away we sucked. therefore it is their absence that is hampering this teams' will to win. we can't draft broadcasters u prospect nerds so sit down for a little bit.

OK timeout. You need some fleshlight action. Regroup and post again.

4 hours ago, Tanana Daiquiri said:

It's all on Arte. He needs to keep out of the GM's office. Hamilton, Pujols, CJ, Approving the Kendrick trade. DiPoto was a mistake. Reagins was a mistake. Vlad! That was a positive. Letting Mohrhart and Bane go. Keeping Carpino...the list goes on.

Wells?

what if we signed Beltre, so we could have kept Napoli, not gotten Wells, etc

32 minutes ago, jnlbrooks said:

when you have the wasted money that Wilson is getting and not even throwing a pitch, Hamilton who is playing for the rangers on the angels dime ( Moreno's ego and fault ) and all the other outstanding money owed on busted down players still with the team yea I blame Moreno he has the last word on every move!!! they are paying millions to weaver and he can't throw harder than batting practice!! freeze should of been resigned for third but was not and they spent money on so many utility people they thought could fill positions then could not and soto getting hurt killed the catching perez is just not a starting catcher and innetta is having a great year with seattle now!! until they address their pitching issue they will be a last place team. tim coming to the team to pitch is great now they have 1 real starting pitcher. bottom line until the owner steps up gets rid of players and their salaries who are not even playing or on the DL making millions they will stay there. I say pay them out and let them go now and fill the spots with players who can do the job and actually play the game!!! 

First, freese being resigned is debateable. Escobar is doing very well bat wise, and neither are plus defenders. Second, i wouldnt say iannetta is having a great year in seattle.