• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

"I'll never forget 2002..."

Caller on Angel Talk just owned Jason Brennan regarding Scioscia, though I don't believe that Jason actually believes what he's saying since everybody on AM830 basically all use the same talking points regarding Scioscia.  The caller brought up the point that Scioscia should be fired based on his teams underperforming in the previous 3 seasons, he didn't have any response to this aspect of the call.

Caller on Angel Talk just owned Jason Brennan regarding Scioscia, though I don't believe that Jason actually believes what he's saying since everybody on AM830 basically all use the same talking points regarding the Fat Man.  The caller brought up the point that Scioscia should be fired based on his teams underperforming in the previous 3 seasons, he didn't have any response to this aspect of the call.

How do you stomach listening to Angel Talk?

I'll never forget 2002, either. But eleven years is an AWFUL long time to rest on one's laurels.

It's good to remember the good times. It helps us get through the shit storms.

But it's NOT good when a team and some of the fanbase still remembers it as if it were yesterday.

You know, I'm so tired of Scioscia getting all the credit for 2002.

I'm going to give most of the credit to Scott Spiezio, Darin Erstad, and Troy Glaus for turning around Game 6 when all seemed lost. 

And Percival, K-Rod, Lackey, Donnelly, and the rest of them.

Yeah, and some credit to Scioscia, too.

Speaking again of Scioscia, he made a couple of moves in that postseason that were questionable at best.

In Game 5 against Minnesota, he had Kennedy bunting in the 7th inning, Angels down by 2 runs, after he had already hit two home runs in the game and was batting almost .400 for the series. Luckily, he fouled off the bunt attempt, then hit his third home run of the game.

In Game 6 of the WS, after we took the lead in the 8th inning, 6-5, he had Jose Molina bunting with one out already. We didn't score any more runs, and luckily Pervical shut down the Giants 1-2-3 in the 9th.

You know, I'm so tired of Scioscia getting all the credit for 2002.

I'm going to give most of the credit to Scott Spiezio, Darin Erstad, and Troy Glaus for turning around Game 6 when all seemed lost. 

And Percival, K-Rod, Lackey, Donnelly, and the rest of them.

Yeah, and some credit to Scioscia, too.

The Angels didn't exactly dominate the Giants in 2002 -- the series went to 7 games -- and it could have gone either way. 

If anything, the only credit Scioscia (or Dusty Baker) deserve is managing well enough so there was a game 7. 

The Angels didn't exactly dominate the Giants in 2002 -- the series went to 7 games -- and it could have gone either way. 

If anything, the only credit Scioscia (or Dusty Baker) deserve is managing well enough so there was a game 7. 

Pretty soon I fully expect someone to explain to me how we actually lost the 2002 World Series, and that we should be ashamed of claiming that we were the 2002 World Series Champions.

Speaking again of Scioscia, he made a couple of moves in that postseason that were questionable at best.

In Game 5 against Minnesota, he had Kennedy bunting in the 7th inning, Angels down by 2 runs, after he had already hit two home runs in the game and was batting almost .400 for the series. Luckily, he fouled off the bunt attempt, then hit his third home run of the game.

In Game 6 of the WS, after we took the lead in the 8th inning, 6-5, he had Jose Molina bunting with one out already. We didn't score any more runs, and luckily Pervical shut down the Giants 1-2-3 in the 9th.

Putting into perspective your username, and the circumstances the past 3+ seasons, your two posts in this thread regarding our manager hit the spot. 

Well done.