• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Congrats to the team leader in AVG, OBP and SLG

No surprise to me that he is playing hard. PB is one of the only players on this team who is young enough and inexpensive enough...

to be traded to a team that might win something soon.

He is one of the few players in this org with any REAL incentive to play well.

That is on YOU, Hamilton!

This thread has nothing to do with Hamilton, Rainman.

Pete has definitly started well and gives the Angels no reason to replace him in CF. Dipoto seems to have nailed it by being Pete's biggest supporter in the off season. It is a long season though and unless this is Pete's career year there will be a slump coming up to level him out to about the .275 hitter he probably is.

At least Rainman had his positives, whereas outside of Bourjos and Kendrick, what have the positives been so far?

And yes, because Ghost Pujols and Ghost Hamilton have disappeared, Bourjos' hitting hasn't reaped a lot of team benefits.

Don't forget to throw Trout in there, he isn't do too much better.

It's true that Trout isn't setting the world on fire either.

I guess it's harder to get mad at a young player not making much money, as opposed to two superstars making on average over $50 million/season between them and having a combined OPS of well under .700.

It's also easier to think they will both get back to their norms. We don't know what normal is for Trout.

Credit where credit is due...I haven't been a huge fan of Bourjos, I didn't think his defensive worth made up for his offensive shortcomings...but he has certainly got off to a better start than I imagined.

I still think long term Trout is the answer in CF, so if Pete can continue to show he can hit at this level he is a valuable trade piece on a club severely lacking in that area.

Credit where credit is due...I haven't been a huge fan of Bourjos, I didn't think his defensive worth made up for his offensive shortcomings...but he has certainly got off to a better start than I imagined.

I still think long term Trout is the answer in CF, so if Pete can continue to show he can hit at this level he is a valuable trade piece on a club severely lacking in that area.

If we can get fair return in a trade, and if we have an OF better than JB Shuck ready to step in, a trade should be made. 

I'd hate to see Peter go as he's one of my favorite Angel players, but if we can get a good pitcher in return that will be better for the team. I believe Bourjos is better CF than Trout, but Trout is underutilized in LF, so we might be able to get back more return from a trade than we truly lose by dealing Peter. That said, those are pretty big "ifs". Calhoun is hurt and from what I understand Witherspoon and Grichuk are still at least a year away.

Hopefully the long term answer is keeping both these guys right where they are and having the best outfield in baseball.

I'm far too conservative to make a thread like this at this point in the season, but I've certainly thought about it.

I'm not sure why so many were down on Peter last year, he hardly played yet he improved his walk rate without increasing his strikeout rate. The difference in his rate stats was mostly in BABIP. He's a young kid with a full season of success, a short swing, great defense and the desire to prove himself. I think he was a pretty safe bet to be adequate this year.

I apologize to MHD's for suggesting the thread was locked because his feelings were hurt.  That was a joke that apparently was not found to be funny.

Thread locked because of reverse trolling.  

Peter is killin' it.  Point made.  Move along.