• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Alligator kills 2 year old at Disney resort

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

John and Ken were talking about this on the radio today and said that Disney knew the lagoon was potentially dangerous, and they employed people to look out 'downstream', as it were, for alligators. The lagoon is connected to a bunch of canals.

I detect a huge lawsuit coming.

Which is kind of BS i think. If the resort did something to encourage gators to come, like brought in what they eat, thats one thing. But if alligators wimply found their way to that pond, meh, not sure anyone can be blamed really.

We keep getting shark sightings here in california lately. But even if there are no warnings, you know the danger is always there.

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

So sad. Having a one and three year old, this just hits home for me. To be honest if I was in the parents position, I don't know how I could go on with life.

I would want to die. The only thing that would keep me from doing myself in would be my family.

So incredibly sad. Maybe it hits home for me because I have a 19-month old.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

What if the alligators bravely found their way to that pond?  

Also, I'm not sure Joe Nebraska knows that there are alligators in ponds inside Disneyworld.  That still sounds crazy to me.  There are no swimming signs in the lagoon between New Orleans Square and Tom Sawyer's Island at Disneyland but because they don't want idiots jumping in, not because we have fucking crocodiles in the moat.

Ha! Wouldn't that be something.

I grew up in Florida. There were alligators in a creek three blocks from my house. I suppose that this is one reason that I stayed out of pretty much any water that wasn't a pool or a very large lake. We also had alligators on campus at the University of Florida. There was a moron who called himself Gatorman (who also considered himself a local celebrity) who used to swim with the gators in Lake Alice on the edge of campus. People from Nebraska wouldn't have had this perspective, though.

Every summer we would hear reports on the local news of alligators winding up in people's swimming pools. They gravitate to pretty much any body of fresh water, especially if there isn't much current. I seriously doubt that there was anything that Disney could have done to keep the alligators out of the lake. Whether Disney could have done more to make people aware is a different question. "No swimming" doesn't carry the same weight as "There may be alligators in this area."

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

"Alligators in this pond" would certainly dampen the fun vibe at the movies on the beach they did.  They had beach chairs set up and had events on the sand.  Disney is getting sued for this.  And they may lose (I'm sure they own Orange County, Florida like they do our OC, might be tough to get an anti-Disney verdict if it got that far).

As for what they could've done?  I don't know the area enough.  Block it off from outside waters?  Nets?  But encouraging people, including little kids to hang out on a beach with calm waters and not anticipate someone, including a toddler, might wade in a bit?  No warning signs except "no swimming"?  I think legally they're in trouble.

I don't think this will ever see a courtroom. How can Disney take the PR hit of a trial?

There will be a settlement, and this will become nothing but a bad memory.

9 hours ago, calscuf said:

"Alligators in this pond" would certainly dampen the fun vibe at the movies on the beach they did.  They had beach chairs set up and had events on the sand.  Disney is getting sued for this.  And they may lose (I'm sure they own Orange County, Florida like they do our OC, might be tough to get an anti-Disney verdict if it got that far).

As for what they could've done?  I don't know the area enough.  Block it off from outside waters?  Nets?  But encouraging people, including little kids to hang out on a beach with calm waters and not anticipate someone, including a toddler, might wade in a bit?  No warning signs except "no swimming"?  I think legally they're in trouble.

This is probably what will sink Disney and they will try and settle quick.

Disney Was Warned About Alligators After One Went After a Child Last Year: Reports

As for what they can do.  My first thought was you raise the beach from the waterline.  You would still have a beach, but since there is no swimming anyways, you would remove that factor.  Using a golf reference.  Similar to a green next to water.  But thinking about it more.  Probably a worse idea than a beach next to alligator infested water.  Since while you would eliminate the going into the water.  Now you have a for lack of a better term moat with alligators in it next to a beach.  Where any drunk or careless person can fall in, and getting out would be difficult and involve splashing that will attract said alligators.

So what I have a feeling will happen is, they will do what they did to the water park.  Probably boardwalk above the beach, and install pools with a beach like in Vegas. 

On June 15, 2016 at 6:31 PM, fan_since79 said:

John and Ken were talking about this on the radio today and said that Disney knew the lagoon was potentially dangerous, and they employed people to look out 'downstream', as it were, for alligators. The lagoon is connected to a bunch of canals.

I detect a huge lawsuit coming.

the attorneys are going to have a field day over this one, assuming of course that disney doesn't settle ahead of time.

• 5 weeks later...

George A. Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort, issued the following statement, "In the wake of this tragic accident we continue to provide ongoing support for the family, which includes honoring their request for privacy."

This screams out of court, shut your mouth settlement.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:21 AM, NJHalo said:

I don't think this will ever see a courtroom. How can Disney take the PR hit of a trial?

There will be a settlement, and this will become nothing but a bad memory.