• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Hahahhaha.

Wild coach Boudreau says Blues 'weren’t the better team'

The word that comes to mind about this.  Adjustments.  Bruce should look it up some time.

Boudreau is like the guy who beats everyone in Chess going undefeated & qualifiys for high end tournament & fails quickly in the tournament against people he previously beat cause he didn't make adjustments & was predictable.

On 4/22/2017 at 10:26 PM, Vladdylonglegs said:

Ducks are going to be completely overmatched against the Oilers. Edmonton was able to handle the Sharks rather easily because the Sharks are old like the Ducks.

I say Edmonton in 6.

How old do you think the Ducks are? Our Dmen alone are average age of 25. Forwards on the higher side of 28. Sounds like a team in their prime imo.

Also,

The more I think about it and a buddy of mine made a great point. I think we'll be seeing Holzer and Theodore sitting for Cam and Vats. Theo has 5 points but also against a pretty shitty Brian Elliott. This series will be about defense for the Ducks. Montour has looked a lot better defensively than Theodore. Ducks will get their goals on Talbot for sure. 

On 4/22/2017 at 10:26 PM, Vladdylonglegs said:

Ducks are going to be completely overmatched against the Oilers. Edmonton was able to handle the Sharks rather easily because the Sharks are old like the Ducks.

I say Edmonton in 6.

Ha. The Sharks are nothing compared to the Ducks physically. And the Sharks ran out of gas a month ago. 

Kesler will have fun shutting down McDavid. Their D is super suspect, and we have way more depth on both ends.

It won't be a sweep, but Ducks have zero excuses for not getting to the WCF. Only way the Oilers move on is if Talbot goes full Jiggy. 

On 4/23/2017 at 8:37 AM, gotbeer said:

Hahahhaha.

Wild coach Boudreau says Blues 'weren’t the better team'

The word that comes to mind about this.  Adjustments.  Bruce should look it up some time.

The Wild WERE the better team - look at all the stats.

They just ran into a freak mode Allen. Nothing you can do about that - a hot goaltender can win you a series. 

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

Joe Thornton played with a torn MCL/ACL. Holy shit.

Hopefully he can recover and play a few years. He was not looking good since coming back. He's a baller, would gladly take him on the Ducks (but I'm sure he'll stay in SJ if he can play).

Sharks

10 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

How old do you think the Ducks are? Our Dmen alone are average age of 25. Forwards on the higher side of 28. Sounds like a team in their prime imo.

Plus cause of Rakell, Ritchie & Silfverberg being under 28 they will continue to make the playoffs.

The Sharks young guns consists of just Hertl as even Coutoure is 28.

Pavelski turns 33 this year. Luckly for the Ducks their old guys Getzlaf & Perry turn only 32 next month & Kesler turns 33.

Martin Jones is young but Gibson is even younger.

The team that will outlast the Ducks is when Edmonton gets more experienced & the Ducks get even older. Arizona is still years away imo & they really need more D-men to develop & some goalies to eventually replace Mike Smith.

8 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Sharks

Plus cause of Rakell, Ritchie & Silfverberg being under 28 they will continue to make the playoffs.

The Sharks young guns consists of just Hertl as even Coutoure is 28.

Pavelski turns 33 this year. Luckly for the Ducks their old guys Getzlaf & Perry turn only 32 next month & Kesler turns 33.

Martin Jones is young but Gibson is even younger.

The team that will outlast the Ducks is when Edmonton gets more experienced & the Ducks get even older. Arizona is still years away imo & they really need more D-men to develop & some goalies to eventually replace Mike Smith.

yea completely different situation with the Ducks.  I'm sure we'll all discuss that a lot in the offseason tho.

San Jose has the guys you noted plus Burns worth trying to fast track a rebuild to compete with but its gonna be tough because their farm system sucks.  Like, its fucking terrible. The good news for them I guess is that they can probably be pretty creative this offseason with all the expansion draft craziness thats gonna be going down.  They really cant put off restocking the farm for much longer tho.  Pretty much, they gotta figure out how to replace Thorton and Marleau while somehow improving their mediocre development system and then have maybe a 3 year window max to win their cup.  If they cant manage it (and its fucking tall order in a super tough west) they're looking at pretty lean times.  Not an easy gig for the San Jose front office.

Edited by UndertheHalo