• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

It is impressive how we put them away without 2 of our top 4 dmen.  Bieksa and Holzer get a lot of points from me.  But more so then them, wow what great play from the Ducklings.  Montour and Theodore stepped in and handled it.  Gonna be tough deciding who has to sit down when Fowler is back. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

It is impressive how we put them away without 2 of our top 4 dmen.  Bieksa and Holzer get a lot of points from me.  But more so then them, wow what great play from the Ducklings.  Montour and Theodore stepped in and handled it.  Gonna be tough deciding who has to sit down when Fowler is back. 

Two have to sit.  Fowler and Vatanen.  It might be Holzer and Montour.  I mean, really, we have to sit Montour.  That is just sick depth at D.

On 4/13/2017 at 5:29 PM, mrwicked said:

i just hope no injuries. we need to hold the fort until fowler gets back. 

calgary is only in the playoffs because the pacific is such sh*t this year outside the top. should be a clear path to victory for us. 

boom. 

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Two have to sit.  Fowler and Vatanen.  It might be Holzer and Montour.  I mean, really, we have to sit Montour.  That is just sick depth at D.

i think montour is ahead of theo on the depth chart actually, but theo has been getting points.

his ability to tweak his shot angle on the fly to get it through traffic is arguably the best on the team. 

both have been great for us. what a comical set of D riches we have. 

There is no way you sit a guy with 5 pts, Wicked lol. Theo has been a little iffy on defense/pinching in but his offense outweighs that significantly. We're going to need that more than Montour. He's been solid as well, but you don't bench the hot hand.

1 minute ago, mrwicked said:

i think montour is ahead of theo on the depth chart actually, but theo has been getting points.

his ability to tweak his shot angle on the fly to get it through traffic is arguably the best on the team. 

both have been great for us. what a comical set of D riches we have. 

And to think.  Depres and Stoner are on the IR also.  On top of everyone else. 

If the Fowler extension doesn't happen.  I can really see the Ducks trading Fowler and Vatanen in the offseason. 

Oh, and we have 20 year old Larsson also.

48 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And to think.  Depres and Stoner are on the IR also.  On top of everyone else. 

If the Fowler extension doesn't happen.  I can really see the Ducks trading Fowler and Vatanen in the offseason. 

Oh, and we have 20 year old Larsson also.

They'll extend Fowler, unless he wants freaky $$. 

Vatanen is great but is replaceable by Montour/Theo, as we have clearly seen this series. He will hopefully get us a nice young top 6 player and a 1st.

Fowler is a future A or even C. 

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Calgary will be tough next year.  They just need a real goalie.  If I were them, I'd be looking at Bernier really hard in the offseason. 

Calgary does have a pretty good team, the goalie thing is tough tho.  Ask Edmonton.  I think us Ducks fans have been pretty spoiled, the Ducks have had very good goal tending for a long, long time. 

Pretty much all the Canada teams (other then Vancouver) look to be pretty damn good moving forward.  I like Winnipegs group a lot as well. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

I can see Fleury going to Calgary next season. A few decent options available. Gotta groom a stud goalie from within though to succeed.

Remember that Pittsburgh is in a similar boat as the Ducks.  The Ducks can't protect all their Dmen, so they have to move someone ASAP after the playoffs.  Pittsburgh can only protect one goalie.  And Fleury has a no movement clause, so they have to work something out with him quick if they want to trade him, or have him be available to Vegas.  Or lose Murray for sure to Vegas.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

for sure, first things first though.  If healthy I think we can take out the Preds.

If healthy I think we can take out anyone.  Even if not completely healthy I think we can take out anyone.

Man, that Perry, Thompson, Rakell line is so huge.  That's 3 top lines we have.  And no one will be able to cover three lines.  Plus our 4th is no slouch.  I wonder if Carlyle would do a Vermette/Kase/Shaw.  Or if he would want Wagner for a bit more muscle?

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If healthy I think we can take out anyone.  Even if not completely healthy I think we can take out anyone.

Man, that Perry, Thompson, Rakell line is so huge.  That's 3 top lines we have.  And no one will be able to cover three lines.  Plus our 4th is no slouch.  I wonder if Carlyle would do a Vermette/Kase/Shaw.  Or if he would want Wagner for a bit more muscle?

yea i think so as well. I think the biggest difference for us this year is that we are stronger then we've been in any of the last 5 seasons (imo) up the middle.  We have great center depth.  The biggest thing in series with Nashville is the goal tending IMO.  I feel like in terms of top to bottom depth we have them beat pretty handily.  Anything can happen with a guy like Rinne tho.  At the same time, I have a lot of faith in Gibson to step up and compete with Rinne.  Even Bernier, theres no reason for us to not feel good about him in net.

to me Kase gives u a bit more scoring touch, Wagner a bit more speed ... maybe.  Kase skates pretty well.  They both do well with forechecking.  Shaw is the muscle.

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

yea i think so as well. I think the biggest difference for us this year is that we are stronger then we've been in any of the last 5 seasons (imo) up the middle.  We have great center depth.  The biggest thing in series with Nashville is the goal tending IMO.  I feel like in terms of top to bottom depth we have them beat pretty handily.  Anything can happen with a guy like Rinne tho.  At the same time, I have a lot of faith in Gibson to step up and compete with Rinne.  Even Bernier, theres no reason for us to not feel good about him in net.

to me Kase gives u a bit more scoring touch, Wagner a bit more speed ... maybe.  Kase skates pretty well.  They both do well with forechecking.  Shaw is the muscle.

Won't happen.  But I wonder how these matchups would do?

Getzlaf/Eaves/Shaw

Kessler/Cogs/Silf

Perry/Thompson/Rakell

Ritchie/Vermette/Kase

21 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Remember that Pittsburgh is in a similar boat as the Ducks.  The Ducks can't protect all their Dmen, so they have to move someone ASAP after the playoffs.  Pittsburgh can only protect one goalie.  And Fleury has a no movement clause, so they have to work something out with him quick if they want to trade him, or have him be available to Vegas.  Or lose Murray for sure to Vegas.

A Fleury trade to Calgary or Dallas might work and Fleury might waive it for those teams.