• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Have our struggles changed how you follow this team?

Oz27

They're so bad they're not even worth bitching about.  They're boring bad too, there's nobody like Mathis to poke fun at, and I've given up on the Fat Man being fired.  I still watch but I'm much more inclined to turn the channel now to watch Fox News' daily election coverage (some of the most entertaining television of all time) if we go down early.  My job is also working on my computer, so their poor play has helped me focus on work when I watch.  I've been to a couple games and will definitely go to some more this year, but it's tough to get any friends to want to go when the team is this bad.

I've been a fan of the team going on 38 years now, and have never gone more than a week or so during the season without watching or listening to a game. That's usually the week I'm up north visiting family, but even then I'll check the box scores.

I'm stuck with this team for the duration. I just hope we get to the playoffs again before it's time to check out.

I'll also say this year has been the toughest to follow what scrubs we have coming up and down from the minors.  In the past I'd heard of most of the names on here, but now I'll turn on a game and be like who the fuck is that.  Just shows what a terrible farm system we now have.  I knew we were in trouble when Ji Man Choi made the opening day roster.

I'm a baseball fan first, and an Angel fan second. If the Angels struggle (which is being kind, this year), I will move on to the other teams I like, in any given year. Usually it is an underdog, who has a chance of overachieving. The Cubs qualify this year, by virtue of their history. The Indians are also up there. I root AGAINST the Bosox and the Yanks, every year.

Other teams I will be rooting for this year are the Orioles (love Bucky, wish we could have dumped The Fat Man, when he was available) and the Jays.

I am pissed at the ineptitude of the Moreno era. So pissed that I I wish he would sell the team. And I listen and watch way less. I often just check the box score. rather than tune in the games by whatever means.

Very much so.  I normally watch most of every game.  At the very least, I will have it on in the background.  

Now I generally go to mlb gameday on my phone once in awhile to check the score.  If it seems interesting I will flip it on, but I don't think I have watched Weaver or Santiago pitch since the end of april.  I just flip the channel when we aren't batting.  

It's been demoralizing frankly.  It's actually starting to take away my enjoyment of watching Trout.  Granted, our injuries has been a major factor, but I didn't like our bullpen to end 2015, I didn't like it in November or January or during spring training.  I didn't like it on opening day, in may, and I don't like it now.  

I hate watching when only bad shit will happen from innings 7 through 9.  In fact, I won't watch it.  The pitching anyway.  

I'm in the camp of watching as much as I can, and I still like to go to games when possible.  As someone said earlier, it's still fun to follow the team story, win or lose.  It's part of my lifestyle for the past 38 years, and I don't think it will ever change until I die.  Losing is always painful, but I fight hard not to take it too seriously.  The pitching has been basically nuked this year, and there is nothing much that can improve it in the short run.  The players have to bummed, it's really tough to fight through a season like this one.

54 minutes ago, ScottT said:

But I've still been to 11 games so far.

Wow. I don't know how you do it.

Let's say a game is 3 hours long, you've spent 33 hours physically going and watching Angels baseball this season.

I don't think my combined watching and/or listening is even half of that. I usually check my At-Bat Gameday every night, though, and watch the videos.

I've always been much more about the journey than the destination so I watch when I can and I usually find something to be happy about and something to be annoyed with regardless of outcome. Sure, life is better if they're winning but it's still pretty sweet even when they suck.

I used to got to 5-6 games a year but with this season why bother. I'll check my ESPN app every night to see how we lost and who got hurt but that's about it. Even when I do try to watch an actual game it's Perez striking out, Robinson popping up, Cron striking out and Pujols eating away at this franchise. 

I was offered free tickets to go on the 24th but I declined because I rather go to a so called friends birthday party than drive 2 hours to Anaheim and sit through a more than likely dreadful game. 

I love Trout and Love this message board but that's about all I will be doing this season. 

Like many here, I watch fewer games. I'll tune in if I have nothing to do, but only if we have the lead or if it's a close game. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother... that's how bad the Halos are. It's one thing to watch a struggling team compete but its another to see them completely suck. I find myself looking at the box score every time before I decide whether or not to tune in.

I'll also admit that I also haven't been to the Big A since 2013 and I refuse to spend any money on the Halos (other than a few Angels hat) until Scioscia is gone. He should have been gone since 2011.

Just like with the Lakers, the only reason to tune in was to watch Kobe play. I tune in if I know Trout is coming up to bat but that's about it. Yeah, I know. I'm not the best fan but hey, they don't deserve me. That's how I see it anyway.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

This is worse.  We have no Salmon, Edmonds, GA, Glaus, Franky, Shields or Percy about to fill out our roster.

Seriously, that's the problem.

If you're watching homegrown talent, it can be fun. This? Not so much.

And if I listen to a game, I can't avoid the talking drone, Smith.

And if I watch a game, I can't avoid the guy who is going to tell me about the hitter's hands going through the zone, Gubicza. Or Albert's career stats with the bases loaded.

I've watched one game this year on tv. Have tickets to one game this summer.

Otherwise it is angelswin.com.

Watching a lot less, but a lot of that is due to work. I try and listen to the tail end of rhe games once im in my car, and im never really suprised that were trailing...

It reminds me of 2006...but in 2006 we had exciting young guys coming up. Not so much now.

In all honesty, and as a fan im kimd of embarassed to admit it, but i couldnt name most of the replacement guys we have up right now.

Two things about this thread, one we've officially become Jim Rome's jungle.  We value this place more than what this place is about, the Angels, which I think is awesome.  Two, we have some liars on here.  We have people that say they hardly pay attention anymore yet they are the same people that are involved in the game day thread daily.  Just admit it that you're addicted to the Angels, there's very little shame in that.  

I used to watch almost every game to completion.  A mix of the team being crappy and me being two timezones over means that now I rarely watch more than a couple innings and I probably completely miss a couple games a week.

Now that hockey is over and basketball is almost over, that will probably change until football starts up though.