• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Have our struggles changed how you follow this team?

Oz27

At this point the overwhelming view seems to be that it will take something very unlikely to push for a playoff spot, whatever you blame for that. I've certainly noticed around here lethargy about the team - gameday threads are shorter, many transactions barely get a reaction and both the excitement when good things happen and anger when bad things do seem to have reduced considerably. Despite that, we have the fifth largest increase in attendance - our paid up attendance has increased by 3625 per game. When your team seems to change every day (if you stop paying attention for a week you can come back and look at the names at the lineup card and have no idea who a few of them are) that also makes it a bit harder too. So my question is, how much - if at all - have our struggles changed your fandom? I'm not asking if you've given up been a fan because I assume nobody has, but are you watching more or less? Paying more or less attention? Getting more or less invested in our day-to-day and overall situations?

In my case, not heaps has changed in terms of how much I watch. Because my personal circumstances have been slightly more conducive to watching I've probably seen more games now than I had at this point last year. However, I'm certainly less invested in each game. The highs and lows of a usual season, where you're delighted after a great win and dejected after a bad loss, certainly have eased considerably for me the longer this season has gone on. But I'll still be catching a few games in person later this month and heading over to Baltimore in early July to catch that series too. So our struggles have not impacted my level of interest, but probably just the way I am interested and how I feel about it all.

When you have been a fan for 50 years, you've pretty much seen it all.  Watching or listening to Angel games is part of my lifestyle.  It's something you just do if you can.

What I have done this season is not look at the standings.   No team could pull a rabbit out of a hat as many times as the Angels have had to when a player goes down and still contend.  

I still turn a lot of games on. I don't know why I put myself through it. I like to watch Trout and any of the new guys. Marte is one I've been interested in watching. And I can't wait for Timmy. Even if he isn't old Timmy. At this point I'd rather watch some guys get called up and not watch Perez and Cron do their thing. It would make it more interesting at least

I've found I listen to the commentary of Victor Rojas and Gubi more.... They have been having a good time talking about the game at least!

Yesterday was classic!~ 

1. commentary after Uribe took it in the gotchya~

2. Inning before when Victor was talking about the player shedding him to Right Center field.... I mean shading not shedding... But, you never know with these guys.... Gubi, Chuckled then replies "Well, it is warm out".... Victor chuckled and said something under his breath they both laughed and went on...

I still watch pretty much all the games on MLB.com.  I don't get into the heated back and forth with Ranger fans anymore though.  The draft got me really excited for the future.  A lot of times I think and wonder how we are ever going to improve the farm, scouting etc to build a winner around Trout.

Somebody needs a crying towel. Seriously, the lows and highs are part of being a fan. It's understandable the some fans pay less attention when the team is struggling. 

Baseball is big business nowadays ... I think the future is bright and fans will keep going to the games or watch/listen to them. 

2016 looks to be a bust but still should be fun to watch. 2017 is just around the corner. 

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

Somebody needs a crying towel. Seriously, the lows and highs are part of being a fan. It's understandable the some fans pay less attention when the team is struggling. 

Baseball is big business nowadays ... I think the future is bright and fans will keep going to the games or watch/listen to them. 

2016 looks to be a bust but still should be fun to watch. 2017 is just around the corner. 

I know I'll regret engaging with an obvious troll post, but who are you referring to needing a crying towel?

I watch when I'm home at game time and there's not something else on. I'd the team were really good is schedule stuff around games as much as possible and try to get out to a free more in person. 

It has very little to do with the team struggling so much as it does with the lack of hope at the moment. This team isn't one piece away. It's 3 or 4 away from competing. The farm farm system is crap so not much is coming from there. This team isn't young so team improvement likely isn't coming from guys coming into their own. 

I'd rather watch a bad 65 win team comprised of young guys with upside that gave me hope for the future than watch these guys win 75.

22 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I watch when I'm home at game time and there's not something else on. I'd the team were really good is schedule stuff around games as much as possible and try to get out to a free more in person. 

It has very little to do with the team struggling so much as it does with the lack of hope at the moment. This team isn't one piece away. It's 3 or 4 away from competing. The farm farm system is crap so not much is coming from there. This team isn't young so team improvement likely isn't coming from guys coming into their own. 

I'd rather watch a bad 65 win team comprised of young guys with upside that gave me hope for the future than watch these guys win 75.

I want something to be excited about besides watching Mike Trout (as exciting as it is to get 162 opportunities to see him play each year). Losing I am fine with, it happens. But I want there to be a purpose to it. It feels now as if we're on a road to nowhere and I'm struggling to see how we win anytime soon on the path that we're on. If we manage to bring in some young talent to give us some additional hope for the future, I would be really excited by that ... even if it means we lose a whole heap in the meantime.

Is baseball still being played? In all seriousness I have watched very little baseball maybe a handful of games on tv and been to a couple the last 2 years. The Angels even with trout are about as exciting to pay attention to as doing laundry. I still follow them daily via the sports apps and this site to see the game see who's doing well but in terms of actually sitting down and watching these clowns try and play baseball, nope gonna pass. 

Honestly I still try to watch every game on MLB.tv. I paid for the entire season, and any longtime Angels fan knows that even when the team isn't very good, you find reasons to tune in (Trout, Shoe over the past month). Regardless of how the Angels play I am still a baseball fan, and still hope they end up with a W at the end of the day.

Truth be known, both of the teams that I follow suck. The Angels are bad and the Braves are worse. There is no respite this year. I watch fewer games, and the ones that I do watch I watch for shorter periods of time. I will always enjoy baseball, but bad baseball, not quite as much.

I'm following the College World Series pretty closely, especially the Gainesville Super Regional that will be decided tonight (Go Gators).

I've missed very few games over the years. I'm an Angel fan through and through. I've been to Wrigley in L.A. and I attended Angel games at Dodger Stadium with my late dad. So I guess you could say I'm a lifer and I always find something interesting to watch when viewing or listening to Angel baseball.

Go Halos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's painful to listen or watch the team play, so yes, my following this team has decreased dramatically. I find it hard to even check the score sometimes.

If the games were close, or if they were known to fight back it might be different, but already in June it's like they're going through the motions like pretty much every Angel team for what seems like the past half a decade now.