• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels.com message board shut down?

Unfortunately most of the posters on the Angels Board were excellent, reliable & valuable contributors to the Angels experience and they are MIA. I have reached out to them on the Texas Rangers Board thanks to our good Rangers friend Ceadallas.  Happy to see Daygloman & Eligibra posting in the gameday threads.

My take is the Board was closed because with the Angels being inactive in the offseason, political issues prevailed.  The Board was shutdown just prior to a planned KKK rally in Anaheim & the Angels were being proactive.

They also probably reacted to fans being critical of the organization and were looking for an excuse to shut the Board.

I don't want to make a scapegoat out of Charles who had reduced his posting activity to devote himself to other interests. I hope he is doing well and I wish that if he is in trouble he should understand that he should reach out for help on this message board for suggestions.

2 minutes ago, shine said:

I got kicked off the Angel board twice because of my comments about Scioscia.  Charles and I talked about Scioscia  almost everyday. He loved the fat pizza boy. He hatedr Dipoto. He said the Seattle Mariners  would finish last this year. Charles was a very unstable person.  The board did become a  political arena, which I hated.  My Belmont pick is Stradivari, Exaggerator is a small horse and must be tired.

My guess is if you offer nothing more than bashing Scioscia then you won't last long here. If you are a one trick pony, which so far has been your case, that one trick has to be something MUCH better than "fat pizza boy", and GROSS. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

My guess is if you offer nothing more than bashing Scioscia then you won't last long here. If you are a one trick pony, which so far has been your case, that one trick has to be something MUCH better than "fat pizza boy", and GROSS. 

Shine is a dedicated and knowledgeable fan, and was popular on the Angel MLB board.   Please give us refugees a little more time to establish ourselves.  

1 minute ago, California Cajun said:

Shine is a dedicated and knowledgeable fan, and was popular on the Angel MLB board.   Please give us refugees a little more time to establish ourselves.  

Oh trust me, we have and we will. 

Nobody gets banned unless they break our code of conduct, or like Stradling said... those that only post about one thing in a negative fashion, which defines an internet troll. I haven't seen anything in @shine that would suggest he's a troll. All Angels fans are welcome here and think of this as your home... we just don't appreciate people barging into the community home, shitting on the community couch and then play the role of the martyr. Seen too much of it over the years. This place is a better place because we've flushed all of those types out of here. 

43 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

Anyone know the whereabouts of AngelGraffiti or was it AnaheimGraffiti? How about Saylo? So many acquaintances were lost when the plug was pulled without notice.

Ace_Shoemaker,

If you remember or saved their screenames as I have and his was Angel_Graffiti who I have heard on XM Radio Show regarding fantasy baseball and he is a friend of a TV personality, you can contact him through the Texas Rangers Board and he will receive your Email.

I have done this with AnaheimBob and several others from the old Board.

You used to be Ace_Richards I presume.

Hangin n wangin,

I don't think I had an argument with Charles but I tuned him out much of the time.

He was correct about Matt Shoemaker after watching him at the game late September 20, 2013 Friday night spot start for Weaver.

Then in 2014 Shoe was 2nd in ROY voting with a record of 16 - 4 and carried the team on his back into the postseason.  That was a great call and he received much abuse over this but he was correct.  Sherman Johnson & Bandy are his favorites also.

He did predict that the World was coming to an end on July 1, 2015 with the Rapture, but the only thing that did happen was Jerry DiPoto was fired who Charles didn't like.  

1 hour ago, California Cajun said:

I'll give him more time but his knowledge hasn't shown through yet because most of his posts are "Scioscia is fat and sucks" which is just dumb fan shit.  

Anaheim Bob,

I remember most of what you have recalled.  I know that MS is credited with calling plays from the dugout, shutting down the opposing running game, and bringing an NL style offense to the Angels.  I loved the team in 2002 and Joe Maddon the former manager of the Angels was the bench coach until he was hired to manage Tampa where he was highly successful, and now with the Cubs where along with Theo I am sure that they will break the curse and win a WS.  I liked Mike Napoli for his offense, and I knew that the Vernon Wells contract was the worst in MLB at the time ( a JP Ricciardi special who passed on drafting Troy Tulowitzki because he had previously drafted Russ Adams for SS ).  I am well aware of the Angels winning record while MS is away at family graduations, etc as reported by you.  

Regarding the Belmont, it isn't raining in NY as had been predicted so dry track with the 1.5 Miles distance.  I hope you listened to the interviews from yesterday's radio broadcast re: Pletcher's horse and the handicappers that I posted above.  Good luck!

28 minutes ago, shine said:

I'm not the best writer sorry. I hated Scioscia from 2001. The Angels won the World series in 2002. Anybody that watched the series, Small ball was not the reason. The Angels had a great team. If Scioscia wasn't such a big pussy. He would have protected Jose Guillen. Rumor has it  Guillen punched Scioscia and that'[s why he got suspended. Good for him. Scioscia had two great catchers yet  Josh Paul was in the game at a critical time against the Whitesox  in the postseason.  How F...stupid was that. The stupid squeeze play in Boston postseason play. Last year against Texas, at the end of the regular season. He quit on the team.  The Angels postseason record since 2002 is 10-22. 6-13 since Joe Maddon left One win the postseason since 2009. Mike Napoli may not be a great player, but he got traded because of Scioscia. Yes the Vernon Wells  trade. The Angels have never lost a game since Scioscia became manager and Scioscia missed the game. 12-0. He has been a cancer in the club -house, front -office and Broadcast Booth. Many people have lost their jobs because of Scioscia. Why he hasn't been fired is beyond me.

Most of this is dumb but at least you got it off your chest and so now you can show us your knowledgable instead of littering threads with Scioscia nonsense.