• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tim Lincecum vs. the Reno Aces

Chuck

1 hour ago, WallyWorld said:

This is 1000x more important to the org than anything Tim Lincecum does today.

Arte isn't paying Cowart $2.5M + incentives. So I have to disagree ... a Cowart HR is nice but certainly not a big deal at the moment. 

btw I know some of you guys are thinking trade piece but I guarantee you that's not why he was signed.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Actually, the ultimate dream scenario is that Lincecum performs well in the regular season, we make the playoffs, win the world series in part because of his amazing pitching, he signs a 2-year deal with an option with the Angels in the offseason. 

Boom!

You forgot to add that we all win the next mega millions lottery and split the jackpot!

On 6/7/2016 at 11:24 AM, Chuckster70 said:

You can listen to the audio or follow their Gameday app here: http://www.milb.com/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2016_06_07_slcaaa_renaaa_1

Please post updates here for those watching, listening or following along. I'm unavailable today as I have work meetings throughout the day. 

Go Timmy! 

Lincecum struggled in the first inning against Reno: Four runs (two earned), three hits two walks and two Salt Lake errors. After that he slammed the door.  He proceeded to retire 14 of the next 15 hitters he faced.  He threw 95 pitches (59 strikes), mostly in the 88-91 mph range and will hopefully make his final minor league start in Fresno on Sunday.

21 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Arte isn't paying Cowart $2.5M + incentives. So I have to disagree ... a Cowart HR is nice but certainly not a big deal at the moment. 

btw I know some of you guys are thinking trade piece but I guarantee you that's not why he was signed.

this makes no sense. Lincecum's potential success means more because he's getting paid a couple million bucks? No. The point is that if this org is going to pull itself out of this massive hole within the next 5 or 6 years, it's going to take some of their prospects - i.e. Cowart, Taylor Ward, Nate Smith and the like - breaking through and either becoming above average MLB players or premium prospect/trade chips.

Re: Lincecum, let's put it this way - if 1/3rd of the way through the season your team is a game out of last place and you're hoping a washed up pitcher who hasn't been good in 5 years is going to contribute in some meaningful way, you might need to reassess things. That's kind of the definition of pathetic.