• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Doyers DFA Carl Crawford

TCB

what prospects is 34 year old carl crawford going to bring? it's entirely dependent on 34 year old carl crawford hitting like 27 year old carl crawford. why is that going to happen again?

the angels should just stick with playing some young guys who have a hope of getting better or at least being league avg.

I think this is how it works...If he's DFA the Dodgers have 10 days to move him...a deal could be worked out where the Dodgers pick up all if not most of the money and then another team sends back trash. Then he goes through waivers and nobody would pick him up at that point, and then he's a FA who can sign with anyone.

46 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

At this point in the season, I'm in favor of acquiring anyone that can either help the team or be flipped for prospects at the deadline. If we get Crawford and he plays the way he's capable of, we're in good position. Crawford, Lincecum, Escobar, Santiago, Smith = lots of prospects.

None of those guys are going to bring back prospects worth all that much. Maybe Escobar or Smith get you a high A or AA fringe type of guy...but none of those guys has can't miss prospect type of value.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

I think this is how it works...If he's DFA the Dodgers have 10 days to move him...a deal could be worked out where the Dodgers pick up all if not most of the money and then another team sends back trash. Then he goes through waivers and nobody would pick him up at that point, and then he's a FA who can sign with anyone.

None of those guys are going to bring back prospects worth all that much. Maybe Escobar or Smith get you a high A or AA fringe type of guy...but none of those guys has can't miss prospect type of value.

If thats the case, I would move Smith now before he does more damage.

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

DFA doesn't make him a FA until he clears waivers. Not that anyone is likely to claim him but you never know. Either way, we have enough LF who can't hit.

They can always assign him to AAA correct? DFA doesn't necessarily mean he's being released