• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Talking politics with friends

If a picture makes you laugh then you should be sure it will offend someone on social media. A person's sense of humor is something that only friends understand, not all things are taken in context outside of people you know. So it is just opening a porthole to hell sharing any image or idea on social media sites. Best to keep it here, in the After Dark Forum. Unless it is dick pics then just keep it to yourself.

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Or when strangers start jumping in to his thread. 

I would post something as a joke, and people would lose their shit. People who didnt know each other would be going at it for hours. And all i wanted was some chuckles from some picture.

Social media was fun for years. Maybe im just getting old, but i got sick of seeing the same people post something hourly. Way, wayyy too many chicks i know (im a bachelor) posting the daily/twice daily selfie. My conservative friends posting about the govt. My liberal friends posting about the govt. Peoples food. People stuck in traffic. Etc etc. Got lame real quick.

lol.

Dude, I never even knew about this until recently/ older in my social media exploration. I remember vaguely seeing it in the Myspace days, but now it's almost the norm on FB. The dude I mention above is either guilty of it or posts those type of controversial pics, articles, etc. and you see random people coming out of the wood work just itching to let loose about Trump or whatever because their life revolves around letting people know how much they hate Trump, etc. Glen here is similar, my feed will be pretty standard and he'll post a link or article, etc. and you just see keyboard warriors going to town. It's really mind boggling.

Ps. You're not getting old, I was having a convo with people last night that ditched all forms of social media due to people feeling entitled to have an opinion, argument, complain, feel offended, etc. It's not just annoying, it's taxing having those kind of people in your life.....is the best way to put it.

On 6/2/2016 at 11:44 PM, Tank said:

if that's what he's dreaming about, why on earth would you ever want to talk to him again about anything?!? 

No shit. I still have nightmares about the pic with Hillary and Pelosi in lingerie.

I have pretty much given up discussing religion or politics with anyone, especially my sister. My sister is hard line right wing. Having a telephone conversation with her is like having my father reincarnated. Curiously, she cites my mother as her main influence, even though my mother was nothing like that. My mother had a lot of influence on my attitudes and beliefs, and my sister and I are polar opposites on the political spectrum. When I last visited my sister's house and I saw Rush Limbaugh books on her bookshelf, I knew that we wouldn't be discussing anything remotely political. I at least try to keep an open mind about things, but hers closed a long time ago. My core beliefs aren't going to change, but I at least consider the possibility that I may be wrong about individual issues. Not so my sister.

The latest tangent that she is off on (and I'm not buying it for a minute) is that a neighbor was fired from a long-time job because a family member (not her) replied to a post of Facebook. Where I call bullshit on this is not only does she claim that it happened, she claims that four lawyers have refused to take the case. If this is true, it's an open-and-shut case of wrongful termination. Predictably, the topic is something that could remotely be considered offensive to black people. The story also changes every time she tells it. First, it was that the relative responded to a post. Next, it was that the relative liked it but did not respond. She makes the family member's actions more neutral every time it is told. My guess is that if the neighbor got fired, she is blaming it on this when talking to friends, but there is another reason entirely.