• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Possible active shooter at UCLA

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

“We would physically arrest him were he still alive,” the chief said.

The people in that community must feel much safer with local law enforcement making these kinds of judgment calls.

It's this type of bold, forward thinking that carried him up the ranks.

10 hours ago, Kevin said:

Obviously the reason for the shooting is not the norm  (I hope) but pretty sad in this day and age that a teacher might have to think twice about giving a bad grade to a student. 

Usually the ones with bad grades don't care about school anyways. Reports of his kill list suggests more going on than unexpected grade

3 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Usually the ones with bad grades don't care about school anyways. Reports of his kill list suggests more going on than unexpected grade

He was a PHD student of the teacher he killed.  He accuses the teacher of stealing his source code and giving it to someone else (the woman he killed?).  He also wanted to kill another teacher at the school.  Sounds like he had a score to settle and he thought that killing everyone was the solution.  Sad.

1 minute ago, nate said:

He was a PHD student of the teacher he killed.  He accuses the teacher of stealing his source code and giving it to someone else (the woman he killed?).  He also wanted to kill another teacher at the school.  Sounds like he had a score to settle and he thought that killing everyone was the solution.  Sad.

Wow. It will be interesting to see if he had a prior history of mental problems before he snapped like this

40 minutes ago, nate said:

What about my individual choice that I don't want some idiot with a fucking gun teaching my kids?

This should only be a situation when the school does not have armed security or resource officers. I'm not sure teachers having guns is the answer but schools need more security. Also if the teacher is some idiot you probably don't want him teaching kids at all 

There could be some cultural demands and pressure for educational performance as well. I'm curious how they came to the conclusion that he suffered from severe mental problems. Apparently the state of Minnesota wasn't told.