• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Can you imagine if...

Chuck

12 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

He's not a cheap ass. He just blows his load on over the hill players who are past their prime. He got ripped off and that's why he was cheap the past year. He didn't want to make another mistake.

I agree with that. He made some horrible moves and he is paying for them for a while. It just bothers me when posters here call him cheap. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Good example of why Arte needs to let his scouts do the thinking, and he just sign off on transactions.

I would think it was our scouts who didn't want to give up "their players/prospects" for Cabrera. 

14 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I agree with that. He made some horrible moves and he is paying for them for a while. It just bothers me when posters here call him cheap. 

I'll call him cheap. He has the 5th highest payroll, but the second biggest tv deal, 3,000,000 fans, and he spends absolutely nothing on scouting, player development, internationally or in the draft. So ya, I'll call him cheap.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'll call him cheap. He has the 5th highest payroll, but the second biggest tv deal, 3,000,000 fans, and he spends absolutely nothing on scouting, player development, internationally or in the draft. So ya, I'll call him cheap.

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'll call aybe him cheap. He has the 5th highest payroll, but the second biggest tv deal, 3,000,000 fans, and he spends absolutely nothing on scouting, player development, internationally or in the draft. So y I'll call him cheap.

I'm going to ask this for the 50th time here. (i have yet to receive an answer)

How much do we spend on all those areas you listed? How does that compare with the rest of MLB ?

Many here love to throw the same comment around, but obviously they have no idea what the numbers are. Hopefully you can provide us with the figures. 

52 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm going to ask this for the 50th time here. (i have yet to receive an answer)

How much do we spend on all those areas you listed? How does that compare with the rest of MLB ?

Many here love to throw the same comment around, but obviously they have no idea what the numbers are. Hopefully you can provide us with the figures. 

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/2015-international-spending-by-team/#ym5oe8l2fsuifJgM.97 (30th)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/2014-international-spending-team/#iE3EDh3Z2sXxykJv.97 (24th)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/2013-international-spending-by-team/#TpZPBySzmJJHEVhT.97 (29th)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/international-affairs/2012/2613090.html (24th)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/statheads-are-the-best-free-agent-bargains-in-baseball/ (Number of scouts: Angels have increased from 26th in 2009 to 15th this year, thanks Eppler!)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/draft-bonus-spending-drops-2015-despite-larger-pools/#JvfqM5A3eM6RTJPl.97 (Angels last in spending since 2012)

Have only gotten through a few of those links, but that really doesn't give an answer to the questions at hand. Those are only amounts spent on international contracts (and the rules have changed in that area). It doesn't show how much is being spent internationally as a whole.

also, nothing on how much is spent on scouting or player development.

regarding the draft, isn't it better that we don't pay more for a player than we should ? I fail to see how this is a bad thing.  Giving an 11th round pick $647k when that pick is slotted @ $100k (dodger) isn't going to make him a better player. 

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

Have only gotten through a few of those links, but that really doesn't give an answer to the questions at hand. Those are only amounts spent on international contracts (and the rules have changed in that area). It doesn't show how much is being spent internationally as a whole.

also, nothing on how much is spent on scouting or player development.

regarding the draft, isn't it better that we don't pay more for a player than we should ? I fail to see how this is a bad thing.  Giving an 11th round pick $647k when that pick is slotted @ $100k (dodger) isn't going to make him a better player. 

I knew you would cop out on a response. 

No, just a list of how much is spent, like you did with the international signings. 

Dude, you need a break. Don't know why you're getting heated about this. I honestly want to know these figures. They must be out there since so many here claim Arte's a cheap ass.  Last 2 decades? I just care about what is being spent now, since people keep stating that Arte is cheap as a fact. Who knows, he may be, but I've been asking for a couple of years and not one person's has been able to back up their statement. 

Obviously you're not going to either, so I guess I'll just have to ask the next person who goes off on an "Arte is cheap" rant. 

Edited by Lou

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I will qualify it as saying that Arte is NOW cheap.    Too bad he wasn't cheap in 2011-2013, and too bad he didn't understand to hire good scouts, be in Latin America, and let his FO/coaches/scouts run the org.    That's my frustration. 

I disagree. The contracts of Hamilton, Pujols, and Wilson were signed a while ago but he is still paying for them today. If after Wilson and Hamilton come off the books Arte does not sign anybody I will agree he has gone cheap. However money being spent badly is not the same money not being spent.