• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Russell Westbrook

Lou

I honestly doubt either of them leave. They're so established in the OKC community. I really think the "hometown" idea is overrated. Durant and Westbrook have been huge in building up that OKC community. My sister lives out there and always tells me how visible they are. I think both will be longtime fixtures out there especially under Billy Donovan. 

If OKC beats GS and goes on to win it all that probably makes it less likely that either leaves.  They both turn 28 later this year and could have some more prime years together where they compete for titles.  The pull of going home (LA for Westbrook, DC for KG), getting out of a smaller market and possibly (but not likely) making more could do the trick but the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  That said I'd gladly take either on the Lakers because they're both great players.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/25/2016 at 1:27 PM, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

But according to Mark Cuban, he's not a superstar. 

Westbrook is the heart and soul of that OKC team. Love watching him play. I'd love for him to be with the Lakers but I doubt he leaves OKC.

Without him, the Thunder is a lottery team. I just wonder what their season would have been like had Durant stayed, which he apparently told the team that he intended to do.

My opinion might not be popular, but I don't think the MVP race is even close. Harden is having a great season; Westbrook just put up arguably the greatest season of all time. He just averaged a triple double for a season. For years, that record was thought to be untouchable. If LeBron couldn't do it then nobody was going to do it. Certainly, not a 6'4 combo guard. 

People say Westbrook stat pads...so what he goes for a few extra rebounds? Thunder have a ridiculously good record when he records a TD and a  horrible one when he doesn't. Its not like he's playing outside the flow the game. You take Westbrook off of the Thunder and they're a 12-15 win team. They're contending with Brooklyn for the worst record in the league. You take Harden off of Houston and that is still a 8th seed caliber team fighting for 43 wins or so.

Harden says that wins should be the #1 criteria for MVP. If thats the case, give the MVP to Kawhi or LeBron this year. He's acting like his team is an elite level team. They're a good team that is likely going to get bounced within the first two rounds of the playoffs. We've seen D'antoni teams in the playoffs before. They don't translate. With history against him, I fail to see how this year will be any different. Houston is not getting past GS, SA, and CLE for sure. Hell, OKC might give them a run for their money. OKC is hard to beat at home. I suspect with the triple double pressure now off of Westbrook; he'll elevate his play even more. I am definitely looking forward to that.

And this is no knock against Harden, I really think any other season he would be the front runner. I fail to see how that is possible with Westbrook's historical season.

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2017 at 8:50 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

It's insane that he's averaging a triple double this year.  Props to him for staying with OKC after Durant left as I figured he'd be on the way out.

To think of what might have been. At one time, the Thunder had Westbrook, Harden and Durant.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...