• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Driving from Tahoe to Santa Cruz/Monterey

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Havent been to monterey since i was a kid, but i keep wanting to go back. Anyone familiar with it, how long would the drive be from LA, or should i take a flight? Reason i ask is that im just looking for a little 3 day weekend trip to check it out. Would also like to see big sur one of these days

About 6 to 7 hour drive with no traffic. It's not far for a 3 day weekend.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Havent been to monterey since i was a kid, but i keep wanting to go back. Anyone familiar with it, how long would the drive be from LA, or should i take a flight? Reason i ask is that im just looking for a little 3 day weekend trip to check it out. Would also like to see big sur one of these days

Agree with ANS. It's a nice drive for a 3 hour weekend. Leave around 5am on a Friday and you'll get there around noon just in time for lunch. You can take the amazing 1 drive all the way up or the nice 101 all the way up. Either way I feel that it's part of the experience of taking a trip to the central coast.

40 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It's awesome. I do carmel/monterey a couple times a year (I'll be in Carmel in a couple weeks actually). Definitely worth it - probably take you 6-7 hours from OC if you take the 5. But in my opinion if you're gonna do it, go up the 1 along the coast through SB. It will take longer than the 5 or 101 but totally worth it. It's fantastic. 

And big sur is amazing too; I'm there at least once a year. Stay at the big sur river inn.

Edited by mrwicked

7 hours ago, NJHalo said:

We are also In n Out deprived here in NJ. Def on the hit list

I think board rules is that if you are in a non InO area, and come to a InO area.  You must dine and take pictures. 

And post those pictures @nate@Tank said something like it's a 3 month ban if the rules aren't followed.

44 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I think board rules is that if you are in a non InO area, and come to a InO area.  You must dine and take pictures. 

And post those pictures @nate@Tank said something like it's a 3 month ban if the rules aren't followed.

I have pics from my first INO experience. Summer of 2014, Fisherman's Wharf SF.

I will be sure to dig them up and get them posted so as to not break the rules 

7 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Not much of a choice for a pit stop between Vegas and Newport.

Kids had to hit the bathroom desperately, and I got off at the wrong exit. I was driving around "downtown", which is more like creepy abandoned town. Got back on 15 and off at the next exit for Lenwood. Like a different world.

Lenwood is where the once-occupied outlet mall is. We used to stop there just to get out of the car and kill a little time on the way to Orange County. The smaller mall on the right has some stores still open, but the larger one on the left, almost nothing the last time that we stopped by.