• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Brilliant

So glad I had to work tonight. I checked my phone in the bottom of the 6th and saw the bases loaded. Fat ass really threw fat joe out there for the 7th!?

Let him face 2 batters in the 7th, even.

Apparently he gets a longer leash in the 7th inning of a tie game with Felix Hernandez on the mound than he does in the 7th of a 3 run game against the Rangers.

Our bullpen is way overworked  and in the midst of a long stretch  without a day off. Blame Dipoto for getting a SP who cannot ever pitch 7 innings. 

Why does it have to be either or?

Dipoto should have done a better job with the rotation, but that doesn't absolve Scioscia of questionable in game decisions.

Blanton gave him zero reason to think that bringing him back was going to result in anything positive(3 hits, 2 ER, 3 BB over his past 2 innings and because of that over 100 pitches) and he's working with an absurd 9 man bullpen.

I rather have a fresh Roth or De La Rosa or Williams or whoever (who ended up pitching before the end of the game anyways because Blanton unsurprisingly gave up back to back hits; Roth and DLR even ended up coming in that same inning, once Blanton had made things nice and tight for them) than Blanton in that spot, and I felt that way at the time.

I've been pretty positive about DiPoto but the one move I can't wrap my head around is Joe Blanton.  Not only do they owe him $15 million through 2014, they also have to pay him a $1 million buyout for 2015.  Hello? 

After being traded last year, he made ten starts for the Dodgers.  He averaged less than 6 innings per start while putting up a 4.71 ERA, a significant decline from June and July when he pitched pretty well for the Phillies.  Half of those starts were against terrible teams like the Marlins (69-93), Rockies (64-98), Cubs (61-101), Pirates (79-83), and Padres (76-86). 

I can understand taking a risk on him for ONE year, but why in the hell give him TWO years plus a team buyout for 2015 when your bullpen is still so questionable?

I would say most if not all of Scioscia's decisions on the field the past 3 years have made me scratch my head wondering what the hell he's doing. 

He pulls relief pitchers after they get 3 quick outs the inning before, then puts guys back out there for the 7th after being on the ropes most of the game, and loading the bases the inning before. He calls running plays when they're not necessary, then doesn't have Trumbo running home on a bunt play. 

Absolutely asinine.