• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Overtime pay may become reality for more US workers

• 6 months later...

Judge put this on hold

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-overtime-rule-blocked-20161122-story.html

It was going to affect two or three of our workers who work remotely.  One guy was going to get a 10% raise because he travels twice a year.  The rest of the people work from home, and they would have to start punching the clock when they go to doctor's appointments

I mean, I'll still give the guy the raise.  He also makes commission, but commission can only make up 10% of the new salary level, which is lame.  I swear, it seems they're making all of these labor changes with the fast food industry in mind but it's sweeping up a lot of other industries.  I don't have a problem with raising the exempt floor, but jesus, step it up in stages, don't double it with one signature

On 11/23/2016 at 9:21 AM, AngelsLongBall said:

I mean, I'll still give the guy the raise.  He also makes commission, but commission can only make up 10% of the new salary level, which is lame.  I swear, it seems they're making all of these labor changes with the fast food industry in mind but it's sweeping up a lot of other industries.  I don't have a problem with raising the exempt floor, but jesus, step it up in stages, don't double it with one signature

Small changes allow the market to adjust with minimal hiccups and virtually no change in the status quo. Large and quickly implemented changes have the potential to really she things up - this is what they want.

So as someone who has to clock in IN SPITE of the fact that I am a salary employee, let me just say: screw that. I may work about 10 hours of overtime a year. The extra $400 bucks (more like 250 after taxes) is probably not worth it. I can see why it would be useful, but the fact that I have to get to work EARLY so I can start my computer and clock in just isn't worth it to me.