• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Overtime pay may become reality for more US workers

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

All that is going to happen is employers will re-classify currently exempt workers, paying them an hourly wage instead of on a salary basis. 

it's a fine idea. those current non-exempt employees would have to work overtime for free anymore after the reclass. 

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

All that is going to happen is employers will re-classify currently exempt workers, paying them an hourly wage instead of on a salary basis. 

That's what we're doing. Sucks for them. No more travel for them. 

Edited by Adam

I wish I got paid OT.  Especially for travel.  I figure my current salary includes the expectation that I will work more than 40 hours most weeks.  I haven't received OT pay in at least five years and I also haven't worked only 40 hours in a week in at least five years.

20 minutes ago, nate said:

I wish I got paid OT.  Especially for travel.  I figure my current salary includes the expectation that I will work more than 40 hours most weeks.  I haven't received OT pay in at least five years and I also haven't worked only 40 hours in a week in at least five years.

Yeah dude, but you have 3 Porsches and live a block from the beach with Laura Dia, oh wait, you moved to Wisconsin.  Nevermind

The exemption salary threshold in CA is already far higher than the federal level (well, what will soon be the prior federal level). But it will still require many CA employers to either give substantial raises to some employees, or re-classify them as non-exempt.