• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bipolar

I'm having a hard time figuring this team out. We sweep the A's, then get swept by the Twins. Sweep the Royals, but then get swept by the Rays and then Cards. Then sweep the Mariners.  We look really good on occasion, but then really bad. 

Next logical result in this sequence is a sweep of the Dogs. Get it done, team.

Imagine how many wins this club would have if the rotation would have been able get through the 5th inning on a consistent basis throughout the beginning of the season. I see potential in these guys but I'm still hesitant to put faith in them. Good to see the front office hasn't given up on the season yet.

When you have Mike Trout you are always going to be better than it might seem.  In 2013, we had some of the worst SP in baseball.  Our bullpen was horrendous.  On offense we had a 10.5 WAR player and no other above 2.6 WAR yet we ended up top 10 in offense.  We had -72 defensive runs saved that year.  3rd worst in baseball.  We were only 4 games below .500.  

This years team has a similar offense (I think we will see that it's actually better over the course of the season).  Defense is way better.  Bullpen is better.  SP is probably worse right now if that's possible but in the end it will likely be about the same or even a touch better.  

How many games does that amount to?  I think we are gonna end up around .500.  

I look at this teams results over the past 4 years and I see way more wins than the collective talent that was on each of those teams.  

What made us a 98 win team in 2014?  A couple of very good performances from guys who elevated a bit.  Aybar, Kendrick, Iannetta, Shoemaker.  Maybe Richards as well.  A really good second half pen.  Except for maybe Shoe, none of those performances were crazy out of the realm of reasonable.  So if Shoe isn't around, maybe we win 94 games.  

The impact that Trout has on this team is even greater than the stats tell because he creates such a high floor almost by himself.  So just a couple of good performances can put you over the top.  Something that can fluctuate dramatically in the span of just one year as we've seen.  

Sometimes having all your eggs in one basket makes them easier to keep track of.  

Edited by Dochalo