• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Lincecum Close To Signing With Angels

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

If the Farm system wasn't so beyond bad it would be worth trying to improve cause they'd have the farm system to make trades to bring in high quality talent.

but since the farm is so bad they might as well use this injury ruined season to get a good draft position and reload the farm with high picks in each round as well as moving Santiago, Escobar, Smith at the deadline for prospects.

I, along with the rest of any breathing mammal, agree that the farm needs a complete overhaul. And even though I'd would love to be proven wrong, I  don't think this team has enough talent to compete this year. That said, Lincecum is a low risk, high upside deal. But even so, MLB isn't the NBA or NFL. Tanking to gain better draft position probably won't mean a whole lot anyway. The trick is to just draft well from whatever position they're in and augment that with good international signings all supported by good scouting and analytics. After they do that, hope really well.

2 minutes ago, RallyPanda said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/70744/tim-lincecum-unlikely-to-provide-big-rotation-lift-for-angels

Dave Schoenfield of ESPN is saying he's not gonna do much to help our "4.3% chance of making the playoffs."

Well that settles it, ESPN says he won't be of any help.

3 hours ago, floplag said:

i dont get this i really dont, its such mixed signals.  Why bother with this after passing one so many other options to help the club?
Does he suddenly put us back in the race somehow?  i doubt it, still cant hit.  
Are they going to try to spin him but he signs with us for a ML deal?

color me confused. 

I think we should pass.  The season is loss.  Our elimination number is 125.

33 minutes ago, RallyPanda said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/70744/tim-lincecum-unlikely-to-provide-big-rotation-lift-for-angels

Dave Schoenfield of ESPN is saying he's not gonna do much to help our "4.3% chance of making the playoffs."

That's the same dipshit who thinks we should trade Mike Trout. 

Lincecum is not "low-risk, high-upside." He's "low-risk, decent upside."

He'll never recapture his 2008-09 Cy Young form, or even his 2010-11 #2 form. For four seasons now he's been a solid #4-5 starter, which is better than Shoemaker. So basically the Angels would be replacing a "#6 starter" with a #4-5 guy. We shouldn't expect more than that.

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Lincecum is not "low-risk, high-upside." He's "low-risk, decent upside."

He'll never recapture his 2008-09 Cy Young form, or even his 2010-11 #2 form. For four seasons now he's been a solid #4-5 starter, which is better than Shoemaker. So basically the Angels would be replacing a "#6 starter" with a #4-5 guy. We shouldn't expect more than that.

I'll take it!!!

7 hours ago, floplag said:

i dont get this i really dont, its such mixed signals.  Why bother with this after passing one so many other options to help the club?
Does he suddenly put us back in the race somehow?  i doubt it, still cant hit.  
Are they going to try to spin him but he signs with us for a ML deal?

color me confused. 

Have you noticed 4 of our starters are injured and 2 of our healthy starters are named Shoemaker and Weaver? 

"Lincecum hasn't done ANYTHING in THREE years to make me think he's better than what we already have...."

Lincecum may or may not have much left and may or may not help the Halos -  but he did have some quality starts in 2013 and 2014 -- in 2014 his work out of the pen during the post-season was stellar and helped lead the SF Giants to the World Series championship season.  He also had some quality starts in '14 -- particularly earlier in the season.....in 2013 he had some very good starts along with some real bombs -- he was consistently inconsistent that season.  In 2015 he was sort of the 'forgotten' guy on the Giants roster, spent DL time and was getting knocked around a lot when he pitched.

IF, a big IF, he passes the physical, it's off the SLC and if all goes well, I could see him up with the Halos either right before or right after the All Star break.