• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Source Indicates Cubs Working On Blockbuster Trade For Former MVP

Chuck

47 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Four Howie's?

Yes, because that is basically the WAR you might receive in a trade.  Howie during his peak years averaged about a 3 WAR, he did have a couple of 4 WARs and a 5 WAR, but all in all he is about a 3 WAR player.  

Don't like that deal all that much. Baez and Soler could be busts based on their skill set so you're relying on a bat only DH in Schwarber and a good collection of prospects. That's not enough IMO. If you're trading with Chicago, I'd prefer something like: Bryant, Schwarber, Hendricks, Contreras, Torres and McKinney. 

8 hours ago, CALZONE said:

There's a lot of truth to that. Arte would get the same backlash as the Edmonton Oilers owner did when he shipped Wayne Gretzky to the Kings. He got death threats and hate mail for that deal.

Arte might see it as a "last defiant act" Given his stalemate with the City of Anaheim. 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

The only way you ever trade Trout is for a young cost controlled established true Ace in the package. That has to be your primary target. 

Arista and Bryant plus a couple of prospects?  How many would consider that trade.

On May 13, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Adam said:

Didn't mean it that way... My point is winning is more important than having the best player in the league. If there's a scenario in which trading trout gives the team a better chance to win, I'm all for it. 

Making a trade that will make the team better without Trout is a huge "if".  Having the best player in the league is a sure thing.

12 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Making a trade that will make the team better without Trout is a huge "if".  Having the best player in the league is a sure thing.

I didn't say there was a trade that would do it, only that it would be worth exploring. 

• 2 years later...
On May 13, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Ohtaniland said:

The Cubs don't need Trout. 

On May 13, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Ohtaniland said:

I would really like to see this deal happen ASAP. This organization needs to move in a completely new direction. Trout can save us but unfortunately it will require trading him to do it.

On May 13, 2016 at 1:00 PM, RallyPanda said:

Arrietta / Bryant / Schwarber / few lesser prospects for Trout, I'd at least have to consider that deal.

On May 13, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Dream on. There is no way the Cubs trade Arrieta and Bryant for Trout.

On May 13, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Exactly, their combined WARs in 2016 are liable to approach 15.

On May 13, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Tank said:

i wouldn't trade trout now, but if things continue (like this year is likely go) for the next year or two, you have to consider it.

On May 13, 2016 at 3:40 PM, mp170.6 said:

The fact Trout was spending the winters on the frigid east coast in his parents' house tells me he REALLY likes New Jersey. 

I would sooner say Trout bails for an east coast team because of family and the desire to be close to home.  To automatically assume he is interested in returning to the Angels after 2020 is foolish in my book. 

i agree 

Oh man this is a gem. That said, considering that proposed 7-for-1 deal, even a Torres, Contreras, Schwarber, Baez, and Underwood deal wouldn't have been that bad.
No way I would have done it because arguably, Trout's value was beyond $$$ or WAR, but...

Wilson Contreras: .266/.349/.450/.799, 108 OPS+, 28% CS, 2.8 WAR (yearly average)
Kyle Schwarber: .228/.339/.470/.809, 111 OPS+, 0.9 WAR (yearly average)
Javier Baez: .290/.326/.554/.881, 126 OPS+, 6.3 WAR in 2018
Gleyber Torres: .271/.340/.480/.820, 118 OPS+, 2.9 WAR
Duane Underwood: #25 prospect, 4.53 ERA in 27 G (20 GS) at AAA

Dan Vogelbach: can't make the Mariners
Addison Russell: lucky to even be in baseball, if not in jail.

Angels '19 line-up could have been:
2B: Torres
SS: Simmons
3B: Baez
LF: Upton
DH: Ohtani/Pujols
1B: Schwarber
C Contreras
RF: Calhoun
CF: Hermosillo/Bourjos/Adell

Could have (should have) flipped an IF for SP help by that point though. 

Edited by totdprods

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

More like the IRS. You are going to pay for your foolishness, with penalties and interest. 

I know I am an asshole, but watching Lou do this is one of my favorite things about this board.  To all the guys Lou bumps it really isn’t that difficult to not get bumped, don’t say stupid outlandish shit.  I am sure I am going to get bumped just for saying this but oh well it is funny regardless.