• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Source Indicates Cubs Working On Blockbuster Trade For Former MVP

Chuck

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

On the flip side, Mike Trout is the face of the org. 

If you trade him even for that package, all of the people that go out to the stadium to see boy wonder will not purchase tickets until they start winning.

This is the OC we're talking about here.

There's a lot of truth to that. Arte would get the same backlash as the Edmonton Oilers owner did when he shipped Wayne Gretzky to the Kings. He got death threats and hate mail for that deal.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think I'd rather swap out Vogelbach for another OFer or pitching prospect in that scenario. I don't want Schwarber anywhere near LF. He can platoon with Bert at 1B/DH. 

That's the problem, because Pujols isn't going to play the field much anymore. That means more Cron at 1B. 

Honestly I do not have a scouting report on Vogelbach's defense. He may be good there.

Cron has value in the AL as a DH.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

That's the problem, because Pujols isn't going to play the field much anymore. That means more Cron at 1B. 

Honestly I do not have a scouting report on Vogelbach's defense. He may be good there.

Cron has value in the AL as a DH.

Cron would be dealt in another deal in that situation. I just think we'd be better off getting an OF/SP back instead of two 1B/DH types when we already have two, and it's a position fairly easily filled.

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Cron would be dealt in another deal in that situation. I just think we'd be better off getting an OF/SP back instead of two 1B/DH types when we already have two, and it's a position fairly easily filled.

Yeah... I'm just not sold on Soler.

Maybe we add a third team and include Escobar and Cron and get a CF, leadoff hitter. 

Trout is one player ...  I'm not a believer in WAR. It takes 25 players to win a championship. If you can get a cost controlled Ace and fill your needs with young cost controlled star quality players (one of them being a power bat) ... you would have to consider a trade. 

Tempting, but no, not unless they throw in Drew Rucinski.

Kidding.

Seriously though, the main problem is that you're getting a lot of talent, but its mainly grade B talent. Sickels didn't rate any of them better than B+, and Schwarber--while a very good hitter--is basically a DH. Soler seems like a dud, or at least not much more than average.

If the Angels trade Trout, they really need to get back at least one Julio Urias level prospect, along with several A-/B+ types. In other words, you start with one of the very best prospects in baseball, then you flesh it out with a bunch of excellent prospects and young players. The Cubs package is a lot of good to very good talent, but nothing extraordinary.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Tempting, but no, not unless they throw in Drew Rucinski.

Kidding.

Seriously though, the main problem is that you're getting a lot of talent, but its mainly grade B talent. Sickels didn't rate any of them better than B+, and Schwarber--while a very good hitter--is basically a DH. Soler seems like a dud, or at least not much more than average.

If the Angels trade Trout, they really need to get back at least one Julio Urias level prospect, along with several A-/B+ types. In other words, you start with one of the very best prospects in baseball, then you flesh it out with a bunch of excellent prospects and young players. The Cubs package is a lot of good to very good talent, but nothing extraordinary.

Yeah, the more I think about it we'd have to get Kris Bryant, Schwarbs, Russell and Baez. 

I just cannot fathom an Angels team without Trout.

To put it another way, Trout is possibly the most valuable trade chip in baseball history. You really have to look at it that way. The Angels could theoretically ask for any five prospects from any team. Other teams have a better top five than the Cubs, including the Dodgers.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, the more I think about it we'd have to get Kris Bryant, Schwarbs, Russell and Baez. 

I just cannot fathom an Angels team without Trout.

I don't think they'd trade Bryant, unless it was Byrant and a couple decent prospects. As great as Trout is, Bryant is very, very good - probably a top 10 commodity right now.

But I could see the Cubs offering two of Schwarber, Russell, Baez and Soler, and any three prospects. I'd take Schwarber and Russell of those four.

35 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Cron's numbers are pretty solid offensively right now.  A couple of good games and he's gonna have an .800 ops.  His bb rate is 10% right now.  Just hide his glove and we'll be fine.  

True, the problem though is that Pujols has to DH a lot himself.

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

If Trout really wants to play on the big stage, the Cubs have a much better foundation in place to get him there. I don't see the Angels getting to the postseason anytime soon. It could be years.

We have no idea what Trout wants or what.   drives him.  Here's what we know.  He was committed enough to sign the five year deal he signed.  We also know that he wanted a 13 year deal but the Angels balked at it.  Trout may want to build something here rather than go somewhere where he is the finishing piece.  We don't know any of this.  

Judging by what I've seen from Eppler so far, no way I trust this kind of make or break trade to him.

Reality...F something like this up and it's going to be several decades before the franchise recovers.

The Cubs have too good of a chemistry going as they are constructed right now.

You don't go messing with something that isn't broken..

They aren't trading away so many pieces at once during a season.

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We have no idea what Trout wants or what.   drives him.  Here's what we know.  He was committed enough to sign the five year deal he signed.  We also know that he wanted a 13 year deal but the Angels balked at it.  Trout may want to build something here rather than go somewhere where he is the finishing piece.  We don't know any of this.  

Did the Angels balk because they cant move a 13 year contract?