• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Yunel Escobar leaves game with injury

6 hours ago, DowningRules said:

Respectfully, Cron is the problem. The team settles for players like this and considers it 'okay' to wait and see what he will do. I'd give a pass to this season due to the injuries and pujols' inability to play defense on a daily basis. 

But cron has been around for a while now and he's shown the team that he's the best Cron he can be.  

I'm somewhat hopeful that Eppler has made some moves in rapid succession, although his hand was forced due to injuries.

Of course, I'm not picking on Cron only. We've got Giovotella, who I like, but how good is he projecting to be? We've had a number of hangers-on in recent memory who the Angels give a pass to for reasons which seem to range from they're one tool experts or a player has shown possibilities year after year  

Obviously this all points back to the shambles of a farm system which will take years to rebuild. However, part of putting the farm system back together is demanding a higher expectation at the major league level which the Angels haven't necessarily shown an urgency for. 

You mean like when the manager pats a guy on the ass after running the team out of an inning in a boneheaded way, or laying down a crappy bunt in the wrong place?

HB, you have to believe that Scioscia has different conversations behind closed doors than he does in the moment, right?  Hell in spring training a couple years back I saw him have a different conversation with a catcher.  He was working with a catcher on a back field before a game.  He had a guy leading off of first and he asked the catcher to rotate his body a bit, then shift some more, with each shift he asked the catcher if he could see the runner on first, he kept asking him.  Then he allowed the drill to go and he had the base runner take the lead and take off.  He then asked the catcher do you see him, the catcher replied yes, then Mike asked him, "then what happened in yesterday's game?"  I was at the game before and saw the guy steal a bag and the catcher must have been slow to deliver the throw.  

You are too knowledgable to actually think we see it all as fans.