• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Does Anyone Drive For Uber?

On May 13, 2016 at 10:37 AM, nate said:

Am I the only one that refuses to use Uber or Lyft?  Everything about it just seems so untrustworthy to me.  I know Taxis are mostly the same thing but the fact that CaliAngel can just decide he wants to work the weekend and pick me up in his five year old Prius doesn't sit right with me.

Yes.  Yes you are.

I was up in the Bay Area all week and used nothing but Uber.  It was so quick, convenient and cost effective, I don't know why anyone would ever use a taxi.  The cost of a taxi from my hotel to the San Jose airport is typically $20-$25 plus tip.  The cost of an Uber is $6-$12 total.

There were certainly drivers I would prefer not to have (those that like to talk about their life and/or unpack their resume for me and ask if I'm hiring), but I get that in a taxi too.  The is a bit of a gap in the quality and cleanliness of the cars you get, but they were all better than a disgusting taxi.

I also think it's interesting to see how people approach the job of being an Uber driver.  A lot of them take it very seriously.  They see themselves as entrepreneurs and that this is their business.  They keep their cars clean, they have water and mints available for their riders.  A couple of them had phone chargers available for different kinds of phones.  I appreciate people like that!  You'll never get that in a taxi.  

On 5/14/2016 at 3:35 PM, Steve Sanders said:

Please don't listen to Richard Marx while picking people up. I normally don't care what the driver listens to, but please don't play that type of shit.

I notice I'm getting more chatty cathy's lately, don't do that either. I took a call as I entered one today and it was business as usual, as soon as I hung up he couldn't wait to tell me about the weather and El Nino.

I didn't know Mike Trout was doing Uber.

On 5/15/2016 at 5:41 AM, Geoff said:

Yes.  Yes you are.

I was up in the Bay Area all week and used nothing but Uber.  It was so quick, convenient and cost effective, I don't know why anyone would ever use a taxi.  The cost of a taxi from my hotel to the San Jose airport is typically $20-$25 plus tip.  The cost of an Uber is $6-$12 total.

There were certainly drivers I would prefer not to have (those that like to talk about their life and/or unpack their resume for me and ask if I'm hiring), but I get that in a taxi too.  The is a bit of a gap in the quality and cleanliness of the cars you get, but they were all better than a disgusting taxi.

I also think it's interesting to see how people approach the job of being an Uber driver.  A lot of them take it very seriously.  They see themselves as entrepreneurs and that this is their business.  They keep their cars clean, they have water and mints available for their riders.  A couple of them had phone chargers available for different kinds of phones.  I appreciate people like that!  You'll never get that in a taxi.  

This.  Overall my experience with uber has been great.  It's easy to use (even when inebriated), it's cheap and so far the cars have been much cleaner and nicer than taxi cabs.  If I lived in a big city where I can hail a cab maybe I'd use them more but as I said in another thread when we used to cab it less than 2 miles downtown sometimes it would take a cab 45 minutes or more to arrive even though there was a well used taxi depot that had cabs waiting downtown.  We used a cab the last time we went to Vegas to get to the airport and both my buddy and I got out wondering if cab drivers are required to drill fart after fart into their seat because cabs smell like ass more often than not.

14 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

This.  Overall my experience with uber has been great.  It's easy to use (even when inebriated), it's cheap and so far the cars have been much cleaner and nicer than taxi cabs.  If I lived in a big city where I can hail a cab maybe I'd use them more but as I said in another thread when we used to cab it less than 2 miles downtown sometimes it would take a cab 45 minutes or more to arrive even though there was a well used taxi depot that had cabs waiting downtown.  We used a cab the last time we went to Vegas to get to the airport and both my buddy and I got out wondering if cab drivers are required to drill fart after fart into their seat because cabs smell like ass more often than not.

hey, good to hear someone saw stickboy! i had no idea he was driving a cab in vegas now. good for him.

36 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Who doesn't enjoy the smell of another man's flatulence? Besides:

Smelling farts could be good for you.

A 2014 study found that hydrogen sulfide, the gas that makes farts and rotten eggs smell particularly gross, might prevent mitochondrial damage.

Edited by Ray McKigney

1 hour ago, Ray McKigney said:

A 2014 study found that hydrogen sulfide, the gas that makes farts and rotten eggs smell particularly gross, might prevent mitochondrial damage.

1 hour ago, Ray McKigney said:

"hey honey, good news! i read this article online, and guess what?"

3 hours ago, Ray McKigney said:

You would think they would have quoted some Dutch chef 

Edited by JAHV76