• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Does Anyone Drive For Uber?

I'm gonna start Friday night. My plan is to head out around 9pm till about 3am. 

I plan on doing it 2 nights a week (Friday night/Saturday Night). I honestly just get bored at home and I thought it wouldn't hurt to drive a couple nights a week and make some extra cash.

im using my older car and not my new car so I really don't care about wear and tear.  It's a 2008 vw Passat.

so just wondering if people have done it and can provide any tips? Some likes and dislikes? Advice ?

TIA

Edited by nando714

Wear and tear from uber is a real thing. I've spoke to Uber drivers complaining about how shitty their car became after all the miles driven. 

39 minutes ago, nate said:

Friday/Saturday will be busy for sure.

I think I heard recently that you average about $15 an hour and that is before you calculate in fuel and mileage.

Yeah and like people have stated before you have to deal with drunk people. I guess I'll see what it's like and if it's worth being out there. 

You should drive a Honda Element so you can spray out the interior with a hose. If not than I suggest some weathertech plastic floor mats and covering the seats because those that don't puke may still just piss themselves.

17 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

I had an idea for a new transport company called Boober. Same concept as Uber, except that the drivers are all hot strippers who drive around topless and will make your ride a little more "enjoyable" if you pay a little extra..

Do they drive stick shifts?

1 hour ago, Ray McKigney said:

I had an idea for a new transport company called Boober. Same concept as Uber, except that the drivers are all hot strippers who drive around topless and will make your ride a little more "enjoyable" if you pay a little extra..

You have to make them work for it.  Tight Tshirt and shorts on first.  It's extra to see more. 

I drove for lyft for like a month. It's a rip off for the drivers as far as I'm concerned. Yah you get to pick your own hours but there's certain "locations" you have to be in the vicinity of. $15 an hour after gas expenses, wear &tear, and waiting for fare? Barely.

I'd rather serve tables, honestly. 

But good luck!

34 minutes ago, Adam said:

My buddy does it on weekends and does well. He works F/S/Su or as soon as he hits $300 net. 

i never understood that taxi cab mentality.

a lot of them would work brutal hours a day, and stop when they hit a certain amount of money. which means on slow days they are working all day/night, and on good days they only work a little bit.

that seems backwards. the optimal schedule would be to work long hours on big money days, and on slow days say f*ck it and do something else.

Edited by mrwicked

Am I the only one that refuses to use Uber or Lyft?  Everything about it just seems so untrustworthy to me.  I know Taxis are mostly the same thing but the fact that CaliAngel can just decide he wants to work the weekend and pick me up in his five year old Prius doesn't sit right with me.

Uber to the airport, or any other time-sensitive destination, is a breeze assuming you live in an area where drivers are active.

Before you hit the "request" button, you'll see if there are drivers in your area, and how far away they are. Beyond that, just budget your time the same as if you were driving yourself. The driver is using the same GPS directions that you would use yourself. There's no magic route to take, and it isn't like the guy is going to stop for a hamburger or a car wash on the way and make you late.

To Nate's question - yes, you are the only one. In the collective mind of Uber users, having a random stranger in a Prius drive you from point to point isn't any scarier than having a random brown/azn guy in a yellow car drive you around. I don't have any statistics, but I can't imagine that Uber incidents are any higher than those occurring in taxis (auto accidents, fighting between driver and passenger, taking a crazy route to run the meter up), otherwise the media would jump all over Uber and crucify them as being unsafe or untrustworthy.

Some Uber drivers can be chatty Cathys. Like to the point where my drunk brain is like "Please, stop, no more stories about your kids or your breakups or any other personal baggage that I never even asked you about in the first place"

Probably the worst part about Uber

2 hours ago, nate said:

Am I the only one that refuses to use Uber or Lyft?  Everything about it just seems so untrustworthy to me.  I know Taxis are mostly the same thing but the fact that CaliAngel can just decide he wants to work the weekend and pick me up in his five year old Prius doesn't sit right with me.

I have never used uber or lyft.  Then again, I usually only use cabs in Vegas.  So really have not had a need to. 

4 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Has anyone ever used Uber to get to the airport? I am a little cautious about using them, being delayed, and missing my flight.

I have never missed a flight, but I found out that really early flights, 6 am or earlier, the number of available drivers at 4:30 am may be limited.  A couple of those times I had pay surge pricing.