• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

This totally sucks

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well you can improve through smaller free agent deals and draft and develop better.  If you trade Trout and get four 3 WAR players you get 12 WAR.  If you keep Trout and his 9 WAR and acquire three 2 WAR players, which isn't hard to do, you have 15 WAR and keep the best player in the game.  

do you?  i mean how is that WAR working out for us?  How long do you think it will be before his stats crash as he stops getting pitches?  Would you pitch to him in our lineup? 

48 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If Trout was 30 years old I might change my time, but he's 24, you build around him.

OK, how?
How will this team be any better between now and the time he IS 30?
The next 2-3 is barren pending someone taking on a couple bad contract out of desperation.  Beyond that even if we draft perfect for the next 3 years it will take another 2-3 for them to be ML ready.  You are talking about Trout actually being 30 before we are relevant again on the current path. 

14 minutes ago, floplag said:

do you?  i mean how is that WAR working out for us?  How long do you think it will be before his stats crash as he stops getting pitches?  Would you pitch to him in our lineup? 

He hasn't been pitched around yet, so who knows.  

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

OK, how?
The next 2-3 is barren pending someone taking on a couple bad contract out of desperation.  Beyond that even if we draft perfect for the next 3 years it will take another 2-3 for them to be ML ready.  You are talking about Trout actually being 30 before we are relevant again on the current path. 

So trade him just because we might not be good the next couple years.  He's 24 and is a building block, one of the greatest building block of all time.  So trade him for 3 or 4 good players makes ZERO sense.  

23 minutes ago, red321 said:

The other day...think it was tuesday...was looking around for something to watch on tv and didn't even realize the Angels were playing until I saw it on the channel guide.

This is where I'm at basically. It's not that I don't care about the organization anymore, I'm just not interested in watching (other than flipping the game on for a Trout AB every now and then) and there's nothing to be invested in

1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

This is where I'm at basically. It's not that I don't care about the organization anymore, I'm just not interested in watching (other than flipping the game on for a Trout AB every now and then) and there's nothing to be invested in

And this has not happened to me before...even during the bs years of the 90's...I was always watching and paying attention. I think part of the issue this year is outside of Trout...who I love...there is nothing to even check in on. It's just a boring team. You can only watch Giavatello flail at so many pitches...or the starter du jour give up a first inning dinger so many times before it gets old.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

And this has not happened to me before...even during the bs years of the 90's...I was always watching and paying attention. I think part of the issue this year is outside of Trout...who I love...there is nothing to even check in on. It's just a boring team. You can only watch Giavatello flail at so many pitches...or the starter du jour give up a first inning dinger so many times before it gets old.

The reason you wouldn't do this in the 90's is only 30-50 games a year were televised.  Now every single game is.  So if in the 90's you missed a televised game you had to wait a week to see another game, now you have to wait 24 hours.

On 5/11/2016 at 8:46 PM, Dochalo said:

Seriously.  30 games in and we just totally suck.  I don't remember being so meh about baseball for a long time.  

i reached a point last year where it wasn't much fun or very easy to sit through an entire game. outside of the world series, i think it's been a couple of years since i watched an entire game.

4 hours ago, floplag said:

OK, how?

After this year we lose Weaver and Wilson's contract and after next season we will be finished with all the bad contracts except for Pujols'. that alone frees up $50M going into the 2018 season. Next we will have at least $30M not counting any raise in the luxury tax limit after the CBA. Hopefully next year we finally have a healthy Skaggs, Tropeano, Santiago, and possibly Heaney (without needing TJ), and eventually Richards.

19 hours ago, Stradling said:

So trade him just because we might not be good the next couple years.  He's 24 and is a building block, one of the greatest building block of all time.  So trade him for 3 or 4 good players makes ZERO sense.  

No, you trade anyone regardless of name to improve the club.  Right now hes the best and possibly ONLY chip we have that can actually do that.
Again im not suggesting we do, i dont want to, im just saying that you have to look into ALL options.  Especially the obvious ones 

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, you trade anyone regardless of name to improve the club.  Right now hes the best and possibly ONLY chip we have that can actually do that.
Again im not suggesting we do, i dont want to, im just saying that you have to look into ALL options.  Especially the obvious ones 

Except he really can't.  No one will be able to provide equal talent.  Hey if you can find a team that will give us three or four 5 or 6 WAR players then I'll listen.  It's crazy, you know how good he is, yet you're still under rating him.  He gives you 9 wins all by himself.  He will be in his prime for another 6-8 years.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Except he really can't.  No one will be able to provide equal talent.  Hey if you can find a team that will give us three or four 5 or 6 WAR players then I'll listen.  It's crazy, you know how good he is, yet you're still under rating him.  He gives you 9 wins all by himself.  He will be in his prime for another 6-8 years.  

If the Astros said we'll give you Correa, Springer, Kuechel, and our best 3 prospects, would you do it?

I'm not sure I would but it's interesting to discuss

5 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

If the Astros said we'll give you Correa, Springer, Kuechel, and our best 3 prospects, would you do it?

I'm not sure I would but it's interesting to discuss

They wouldn't but at that point you'd really have to consider it.  The Astros are one of a few teams that could actually have the talent.  That's the package I presented last year minus a prospect.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

it isnt about equal though, thats a myth.  Its about making the overall club better.  Are we better with on superstar or 4 upgrades/good players?
Obsessing over the math is kinda pointless in this case. 
Doesnt matter it inevitable that hes going to get pitched around and wont put up numbers as the season progresses.  

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

it isnt about equal though, thats a myth.  Its about making the overall club better.  Are we better with on superstar or 4 upgrades/good players?
Obsessing over the math is kinda pointless in this case. 
Doesnt matter it inevitable that hes going to get pitched around and wont put up numbers as the season progresses.  

You've already stated that it's about creating a better team.  Well I thought it was about winning more games.  If it's about winning more games then you can't trade him.  Also, since most of us have written off this season, who gives a shit if Trout gets pitched around as the season progresses? It literally means nothing in the big scheme of things.  It doesn't lower our chances to compete and it doesn't lower his trade value going forward.