• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tim Lincecum talks about his showcase (with video)

http://www.sfgate.com/giants/article/Tim-Lincecum-comments-on-his-showcase-7408564.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

For starters, the Angels and Dodgers.

I spoke with a couple of scouts, one of whom wished Lincecum would have tested the reconstructed hip by covering first base and fielding bunts. When I asked Lincecum about it, he said he hasn’t done it but that it wouldn’t be an issue. Like riding a bike, he said.

Scouts clocked Lincecum from 88 to 91 mph, once in a while hitting 92, and he threw all his pitches. His curve was breaking nicely, and he felt comfortable with his slider, cutter and change.

I asked Lincecum about his velocity, and he said, “I’d rather hear about life than speed.”

How is the life?

“Good. I’m hearing the ball. My breaking pitches are late. Off speed’s good. Most the stuff was down. I didn’t miss over the middle of the plate. I was elevating my fastball when I wanted to.

Or he picks them as revenge by being dumped. You never know but more than likely he picks the best contract and then in the press release says how this is the team he always wanted to play for.

49 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Or he picks them as revenge by being dumped. You never know but more than likely he picks the best contract and then in the press release says how this is the team he always wanted to play for.

Yep. The same people thought the same thing about Brian Wilson going there. 

Money talks. 

Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette said Monday on MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM that he expects Tim Lincecum to sign with a team on the West Coast.

The Orioles were one of the teams in attendance for Lincecum's throwing session last week in Arizona, but Duquette doesn't expect to sign him. "Frankly, I’d be surprised if Lincecum signs on the east side of the Mississippi River," said Duquette. The Giants, Padres, and Angels are among the teams interested in the former Cy Young Award winner. He could make a decision on where to sign as soon as this week.

According to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, the Padres and Mariners are not in the mix for Tim Lincecum.

Lincecum is expected to sign with a team on the West Coast, but he's apparently not headed to San Diego or Seattle. The veteran right-hander threw a showcase in front of over 20 major league clubs last week in Arizona and is hoping to find an opportunity as a starting pitcher. There is interest from the Giants, but only as a reliever. The Angels are a darkhorse even after acquiring Jhoulys Chacin.

I think the Halos don't have much choice right now but to sign Lincecum and perhaps over-pay for him if he showed anything at all at the workout showcase deal.

Lincecum had some god starts for the Giants last year and also some terrible outings. I say the Angels should be seriously interested.

Lincecum could be number 3 or 4 in our battered rotation right now.

I don't think Lincecum goes back to the SF Giants as they are looking at him from a pen perspective -- and Lincecum performed very well for them in that role in the 2014 World Series -- but Giants could use Lincecum as a number 4/5 starter as well as it appears Matt Cain and Jake Peavy are not cutting it for them and probably won't last the season on the roster.