• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

We've been through worse

I was just talking @Brian Ilten the other day. The 90's were 10 times worse than what we're experiencing now.

Two things..

*It's what drove us to find message boards online for support from other fans..

*We didn't have a Mike Trout and former superstar on the team that's a lock for first ballot Hall of Fame.

We're good!

Wait in 1992 there were only 2 divisions in the American League?

I never knew that.

Then in 1994 there was the strike? Which is why they played 114-115 games? Good thing too, it looks like the Angels were horrific in 1994 and mighta broke A LOT of records for worst season by a major league team.

I remember I was bummed in 94 because the Dogs were in 1st place (I liked Mike Piazza) and they didn't even get a shot for the playoffs.

Now that I think about it I'm glad the dogs didn't get in and maybe win because they'd have bragging rights, but I am still kinda bummed Mike Piazza never got a ring, he was a great ballplayer and person.

Edited by CaliAngel

19 minutes ago, GalericX said:

They may have been worse, but look at the young names on those rosters... Salmon, Anderson... they were on the way.  Now, we got nuttin yo.  Yeah it was worse, i remember that stadium EMPTY for a long time, things will turn around sure enough.

Pretty sure Mike Trout still exists.

As for the premise of this thread, yes the Angels have been through worse and many of us have experienced that. But for an entire generation of fans (everyone who started following post 2002) this would be the time since then with the least reason for hope. We are in a horrible situation.

1 hour ago, GalericX said:

They may have been worse, but look at the young names on those rosters... Salmon, Anderson... they were on the way.  Now, we got nuttin yo.  Yeah it was worse, i remember that stadium EMPTY for a long time, things will turn around sure enough.

Hey, I had really good seats back then!

2 hours ago, ELEVEN said:

Hey, I had really good seats back then!

Those were the days. Buy seats up in the nosebleeds only to walk down to the front row and watch Griffey or the Big Hurt hit bombs off our pathetic staff. The stadium had a different smell back then and you could actually buy a beer in your seat, well at least the adults could. 

7 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Pretty sure Mike Trout still exists.

As for the premise of this thread, yes the Angels have been through worse and many of us have experienced that. But for an entire generation of fans (everyone who started following post 2002) this would be the time since then with the least reason for hope. We are in a horrible situation.

This is so true.

Yes, many of us older fans remember the 90s and even the early-mid 70s, when the Angels had 7 straight losing seasons. But this is new territory for a lot of new Angel fans.

And, yes, we still have Mike Trout. Even the Cubs had Ernie Banks. Poor guy never made it to the playoffs his entire career. At least Mike made it once, though he probably will never actually win a playoff game in an Angel uni.

18 hours ago, Dochalo said:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CAL/1992.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CAL/1994.shtml

among others.  

It's always darkest before the dawn.  etc etc.  so on and so forth.  

I do not remember the '92 team. I followed the '94 team closely enough to not know that the divisions were realigned and that the season ended due to a strike... to be fair, I'm sure we were out of it so early that none of that was relevant to us.