• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Richards needs TJ Surgery and maybe Heaney too

nate

7 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I'd like to think that once Street gets healthy, he could net us something decent as well as Smith. Street's owed some money obviously but competing teams like Texas and Toronto may be willing to spend to upgrade their crappy bullpens. The Jays pen is freaking AWFUL. 

Lets just hope Calhoun keeps it up so we can flip him for a decent haul. This is Epplers one shot at rebuilding the farm with the few pieces the Halos have to trade. Billy can't afford to miss on any of his trades, we're already in rough enough shape moving forward. 

I don't see Smith netting the Angels anything of note. He's a non-closer reliever in the last year of his contract and his production has declined. He would maybe net the Angels a reliever prospect back or something of that variety.

5 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I know, I know, statistics and probabilities are hard. Think of it like this. A great baseball team wins 100 wins in a season. You go to a game and see one of the 62 games they loose. Is your take away now "damn, this team lost a game. They must really suck."? Counter examples to a norm don't make a great argument against a probability.

No, my take away is that Ryan threw hard and did not have to have major arm surgery. I wonder why? Let's find out if he did anything different in his delivery, mechanics, or conditioning that ensured he stayed healthy for more than two decades of throwing a lot of pitches hard. And then let's find out what has worked for someone else who has managed to avoid the TJ bugaboo and compare notes. I bet we'd find out a lot.

But thanks for the condescension.

Just wake-up, logged-on here and this was the first thing I saw.

And now my day is fu**king ruined, this really blows, I swear this team can't catch a break.

Poor Richards, dude was gonna be an Ace, sucks for Heaney too, ugh.

Trout demands a trade in 3, 2, 1.....

#SadPanda

2 minutes ago, HighDesertHaloFan said:

Just wake-up, logged-on here and this was the first thing I saw.

And now my day is fu**king ruined, this really blows, I swear this team can't catch a break.

Poor Richards, dude was gonna be an Ace, sucks for Heaney too, ugh.

Trout demands a trade in 3, 2, 1.....

#SadPanda

This coupled with blowing up his knee is really bad luck.

I feel for the guy.

6 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

The best news for this franchise moving forward is hopefully Pujols announcing his retirement after this year. That would really improve their chances of fielding a competitive team around Trout over the next few years

I'm in the camp that Albert will retire early, but I HIGHLY doubt it will be at the end of this season, unless he has some sort of family tragedy.

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

If Ryan was anything but a million to one shot, *HE*, as a GM, would have known how to develop these hard throwing, 300 inning, healthy pitchers.

Stop with the "do it like Nolan Ryan".

It like me telling the Clippers, "just do it like the Lakers!".

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I'm in the camp that Albert will retire early, but I HIGHLY doubt it will be at the end of this season, unless he has some sort of family tragedy.

I think all of the people that hope Albert retires early are experiencing wishful thinking.

He just has waaaay too much on the table in terms of milestones and money to give it up.

Albert is collecting every single, solitary penny.  He's earned it, mang.  Have you seen his career numbers?

Arte went on a couple year, half-billion dollar bender.  We need to just let the process wind its way down.

Hey, who doesn't like to watch a former MVP with what looks like fused ankles, playing the game as a shadow of himself??

7 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

If you look at Ryan's career vs. any other pitcher it is clearly obvious that he is an anomaly.  A genetic freak of nature.  

I refuse to believe that it's just a case of Ryan being an anomaly or freak of nature. He essentially was the first pitcher to work out all year long and I strongly believe that there is a connection between what he did with his conditioning and his ability to stay healthy. I also believe there was a mechanical component.

I do think that the rash of pitchers having to have surgery nowadays, despite how much pitching has changed, does have a conditioning and mechanics component. But I also believe that it starts in little league and Babe Ruth leagues. Much like the culture of football (and soccer) is changing to reduce concussions from the earliest ages, the same is going to have to be done for baseball, if for a different reason (obviously, concussions are a more serious issue for the player's health).

17 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I don't see Smith netting the Angels anything of note. He's a non-closer reliever in the last year of his contract and his production has declined. He would maybe net the Angels a reliever prospect back or something of that variety.

Kind of like Scott Downs? Whom we received our current #5 starter for?

Smith can definitely land us at the very least a fringey prospect like Rasmus or Gott, a player who can be a successful contributer in a small role, or an older prospect who is blocked or has underachieved. 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

To me, getting to top 5 in career HRs is about as good as it will get for Pujols.    #5 currently is Willie Mays at 660, just 95 HRs to go (3-4 more years tops).

He isn't going to catch Bonds, Aaron, Ruth, or even Pay-Rod. 

I could not give less of a sh*t where he ends up on that list.

I want the Angels to win games.  Not play Has-Been countdown.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Albert is collecting every single, solitary penny.  He's earned it, mang.  Have you seen his career numbers?

Arte went on a couple year, half-billion dollar bender.  We need to just let the process wind its way down.

Hey, who doesn't like to watch a former MVP with what looks like fused ankles, playing the game as a shadow of himself??

yk, if Albert retired early it would ruin all of your material.  So for your sake, lets hope he sticks around for another five years.