• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels scratch Garrett Richards from Friday start; Cory Rasmus to start

36 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

I wonder how common it is for pitchers to be fatigued enough to miss a start this early in the season.

Depends on what is doing the fatiguing.  Could be something simple, could be something much more serious.

Lots of things can cause fatigue, like a nagging muscle injury, lung or heart disease, mono, stress, etc..  We don't even have a clue as to what the specific symptoms are, much less trying to diagnose it.

Before the season started I mentioned that the key would be the performance of the rotation.  so far, even though the offense hasn't performed as they are capable, we are only going to be as good as our rotation going forward.  For every start missed by Heaney, Wilson and Richards, that means guys of lesser value/talent are needed to fill in.  I can't say I am overly optimistic about our chances at this point.  

I don't really like them using Rasmus in a bullpen game.  Yea, he can go 4 innings if he keeps his pitch count low.  But he has got injured doing this in the past.  He could be a decent innings eater in the bullpen if they let him.

17 hours ago, Chuck Richter said:

I mean, since we have a ton of bullpen arms in AAA I think this is a shot for Rasmus to prove he can be a starter. Part Two..

No reason not to at this point....try to build him up to 5/6 innings.....that will tax the bullpen for sure but I thought it was worth a shot after his stint 2 years ago....if they just don't think he can be a starter, that's one thing.....but if you think it is at least a possibility that he might succeed, do it....no down side....

Maybe Alvarez too. 

Bring up an extra reliever, or even another long reliever like Shoe or Jones, and just plan on using Rasmus/Alvarez for 2-3 innings each every turn.

Could actually be an interesting experiment to see if a team could consider running with a deeper pen, one less starter, and keep a couple long relievers on hand. Mixing up a lefty and righty like Alvarez and Rasmus would also negate righty/lefty match ups and some platoons that teams run out these days. It worked well when we tried it wit Rasmus originally.