• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Desert Trip mega concert weekend - Oct 7-9 in Indio

Who is thinking of going?    Might be a good birthday weekend celebration for the AO.

McCartney, Stones, The Who, Neil Young, Roger Waters, and Bob Dylan headline it. 

GA tickets are $199/day or $399 for the 3 days, floor seating for the 3 days goes from $699 to $1,599, grandstand seating for the 3 days goes from $999 to $1,599, and pit seating for the 3 days will be $1,599.    

RV camping is $950 for the 3 days, at least that can be divided up by bringing friends along.  

1 minute ago, Tank said:

i'd be interested in saturday night the most of those three days, but i'm not willing to drive to coachella to see any of them.

I went to one Coachella Festival years ago. Was one of the worst experiences of my life. Wanted to leave after about an hour. Had to stay in a rented RV overnight. It was about 100 degrees. Absolutely miserable. I don't know how anybody can actually enjoy it.

This would have been a cool concert to go to 4o years ago...maybe even 30....you know, when more than half of Who was still alive, Dylan could still be understood, Waters was still in Pink Floyd, and Neil Young was still playing with Crazy Horse.  McCartney is always a good show and the Stones are still ticking as long as Charlie Watts is still backing them so maybe I might get lucky with a twin bill of these two one day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2016 at 9:23 PM, Tank said:

in other words, it'll still be hot.

As a former Coachella Valley resident, the first couple weeks of October should actually be pretty nice. Maybe the hottest it'll get is the mid-80s.