• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More suspensions coming for PEDS......

I'd love to see baseball start to manage this better. Picture this, you're a 16 year old kid lobo king in the Dominican Republic, not enough food on the dinner table for your family, and no prospects in life other than baseball or drugs. A trainer who takes you under his swing in exchange for a percentage of your first contract starts pushing these "American Drugs" on you that you can't even pronounce. He says it'll get you contract money, you can take care of your family, everybody is doing it and if you want to live out your dream, you'll take it too. 

What's the incentive for that kid to say no? If he gets caught, he loses half a season, big deal, hardly more time than a slowly healed hamstring pull.

I'd like to see MLB force teams into managing this by offering penalties to teams and stiffer penalties for players. Teams start testing on their own, and if a player pops positive and they report it, no penalty for the team and the player is suspended for a full year. MLB also tests, and if a player pops positive on the MLB test, and the team hasn't caught it or reported it, full season unpaid suspension, team forfeits highest draft pick and pays a 1% tax according to payroll. This would force teams to strictly test their players, and think long and hard about who they're willing to sign. It would effectively snuff out PED's.

Obviously this would never happen, owners wouldn't allow it. But holding teams accountable would work.

From what I've read they identified how to test for trace substances left in the body for a longer period of time. Whereas it previously was tough to detect certain substances after 2 weeks they can now identify trace metabolites for weeks and months after it was taken. Players who weren't up on the science are now more vulnerable.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/15458724/more-ped-busts-coming-major-league-baseball-soon

On 5/4/2016 at 10:49 AM, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Personally, I'm skeptical. As soon as players and media start openly questioning whether or not current testing procedures are working, we get a wave of positive tests.

i wouldn't be surprised if there are constant positive tests and MLB does nothing about it to avoid negative publicity. Then as soon as it comes up, they'll throw a couple lower profile players under the bus. This one was serious enough to where they needed a really good player to sacrifice. 

i'm sorry to name call, but this is retarded. how can you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously, if you would publish something like this?