• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More suspensions coming for PEDS......

Major League Baseball is expected to announce in the next few days that another player has tested positive for the steroid Turinabol, a drug that was commonly used by East German athletes in the 1970s. The positive test is one of a handful being processed, two sources familiar with the cases told Outside the Lines, meaning it's all but certain that more announcements will follow.

Turinabol, whose chemical compound is dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (DHCMT), is not something that would likely be found in the tool kit of a modern PED guru. But it is showing up widely again: Toronto Blue Jays' Chris Colabello and the Philadelphia Phillies' Daniel Stumpf were suspended after traces of Turinabol were found in their systems.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/15458724/more-ped-busts-coming-major-league-baseball-soon

Interesting note: Colabello who exploded onto the scene in 2015 after averaging .194 in 2013 and .229 in 2014 then jumped to .321 in 2015 with 15 HR's and 54RBI's in 101 games was back well below the Mendoza line this year (0.69) and it looks like now Toronto is moving on....

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

Would the world explode if Harper was on the list?

honestly, if any book was easy to judge by its cover, it'd be harper. 

he reminds me a lot of brad fullmer

(but with fewer world series rings :D)

Edited by Tank

Personally, I'm skeptical. As soon as players and media start openly questioning whether or not current testing procedures are working, we get a wave of positive tests.

i wouldn't be surprised if there are constant positive tests and MLB does nothing about it to avoid negative publicity. Then as soon as it comes up, they'll throw a couple lower profile players under the bus. This one was serious enough to where they needed a really good player to sacrifice. 

7 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Interesting note: Colabello who exploded onto the scene in 2015 after averaging .194 in 2013 and .229 in 2014 then jumped to .321 in 2015 with 15 HR's and 54RBI's in 101 games was back well below the Mendoza line this year (0.69) and it looks like now Toronto is moving on....

Funny how he turns his career around in Toronto. Just like Bautista and Encarnacion.

9 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Takes me back to the mid 70s East German women's swimming star, KorneLIUS Ender.   The perfect gloss for her, as she was probably as roided up as a lot of men were.

Most of the East German women in the Olympics during that period looked like guys with boobs, so I'm sure that a bunch of them were roided up.

11 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

Personally, I'm skeptical. As soon as players and media start openly questioning whether or not current testing procedures are working, we get a wave of positive tests.

i wouldn't be surprised if there are constant positive tests and MLB does nothing about it to avoid negative publicity. Then as soon as it comes up, they'll throw a couple lower profile players under the bus. This one was serious enough to where they needed a really good player to sacrifice. 

While there is no way this is anything close to true as the legal ramifications would be insane, I do think that MLB keeps their ear to the rail about what to test for.  I think they used to turn a deaf ear to certain substances, but now I think they are more inclined to 'randomly' include testing of certain things relative to the internal rumor mill.  They wouldn't exclude any particular player, they probably keep the testing process a little more uncomfortable than in years past.