• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bryce Harper

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

What's your problem, CF8? Had a bad day?

Chill out.

You love stirring the Harper pot and slighting Trout because you get some strange rise out of it. And you're famous for not having access to Angels games. When you get put on blast for it, others are either hating or having a bad day. Clown post, bro.

10 minutes ago, CF8 said:

Chill out.

You love stirring the Harper pot and slighting Trout because you get some strange rise out of it. And you're famous for not having access to Angels games. When you get put on blast for it, others are either hating or having a bad day. Clown post, bro.

I like to make fun of people who are Harper butthurt, yes. But the rest is silly - I don't slight Trout at all. What are you talking about? And I don't live in SoCal, so don't have easy access to Angels games.

Not sure what your beef is.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Why must everything be a comparison? 

Trout and Harper are both incredibly good at baseball. Why do we need to complicate it beyond that? Harper being seriously damn good doesn't diminish from Trout's abilities at all. But the butthurt pettiness and immaturity when it comes to Harper, evidenced by a few in this thread, is embarrassing to this fanbase.

24 minutes ago, cezero said:

Harper has had one "incredibly good" season. Mentioning him in the same breath with Mike Trout is moronic at this point for baseball fans of any team. 

As long as Harper doesn't get caught for his PED use (which should be incredibly easy since the system is a joke), I think he'll continue to have great seasons, don't get me wrong. 

Don't tell Claude this.  

On 5/5/2016 at 8:37 AM, cezero said:

Harper has had one "incredibly good" season. Mentioning him in the same breath with Mike Trout is moronic at this point for baseball fans of any team. 

As long as Harper doesn't get caught for his PED use (which should be incredibly easy since the system is a joke), I think he'll continue to have great seasons, don't get me wrong. 

What a ridiculous post.

4 minutes ago, cezero said:

I'm not anti-PED in baseball. 

Until MLB and the MLBPA actually implement a testing system a theoretical zero IQ couldn't get around, I think you'd have to be a little crazy to not conclude that PED are still being used rampantly. Remember, the biggest PED bust in history came as the result of not a single failed test, and all of the people suspended took lots of them over many, many years. Not sure how it can be broken down any more Barney-style. PED testing in baseball is a joke.

It takes true naivete to look at Harper's meteoric rise in production over 12 months last year, and not strongly suspect him of juicing. To me, it's the same as the people who to this day deny Bonds was a juicer because he never failed a test. But you're not alone in finding that ridiculous. There are a lot of naive people out there. 

Harper has only had one season that could be called "incredibly good". That's fact, not opinion. I think he'll have more, and possibly even surpass Trout when all is said and done (as long as he doesn't get caught juicing), but it's way too early to talk like that yet. It's not ridiculous to rational adults.  

His one incredibly good year was at age 22. Most guys don't see a MLB field before then but he has been on the roster since he was 19. The talent was there to perform better than his previous seasons, the maturity was not and he had extended time on the DL. So last year was really his breakout year.

I still think he has been a roider since he hit puberty but until caught you have to allow the guy some slack to play at the level he can. It wasn't record breaking by any means, he was just so much better than the competition that honestly has been pretty thin in the majors the last five years.