• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Alden Gonzalez: Boujos' improved approach is paying dividends

Pete is one of the few consistant contributors in April and should he maintain this consistency the others should fall into place and make the offense worth tuning in to watch. A lot rests on the shoulders of guys tgat are supposed to be role players to keep the Angels competitive while the veterans get their act together.

Uggg.  Further down in the article.

Madson's recovery slowed by tightness in arm  It's been a week since Angels reliever Ryan Madson faced hitters for the first time, via a simulated game at Angel Stadium on April 19.

He hasn't thrown another since, and none have been scheduled yet.

Still gotta go with Trout as CF of the future, thus putting Bourjos as a main trade piece. Still, we need starting pitching. He's still a .270 AVG, .320 OBP guy. The BABIP matches what I have seen during the games this year--wait till it gets normalized.

He's pretty much doubling his career GO/AO ratio right now, which is great and quantifies his new approach as paying some dividends early on.  Still only has 4.9% BB and nearly 20% K rate though, and a massive .375 Babip which screams regression.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts, I still don't think he fits long term at leadoff though. 

He's pretty much doubling his career GO/AO ratio right now, which is great and quantifies his new approach as paying some dividends early on.  Still only has 4.9% BB and nearly 20% K rate though, and a massive .375 Babip which screams regression.  I'll enjoy it while it lasts, I still don't think he fits long term at leadoff though. 

Ya, his BABIP should be higher than your average player but that's pretty high.

And I agree with you as far as leading off. I like Bourjos quite a bit, but he's not a guy who should be leading off. Especially not when he's on the same team as Mike Trout.