• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Roster moves: Shoemaker down, Robinson up, & others

Big reason Robinson's up (over Cunningham and Buss) is because his opt-out was today, and the org probably hesitant to cut loose another OF with Nava and Gentry both banged up. Ortega probably has LF locked up for the foreseeable future to determine where he goes once Nava/Gentry return. 

No sense bringing up Cunningham and Buss to sit on the bench in a 5th OF role - yet.

Robinson was a good depth pick up -- with Gentry out (no huge loss there) Robinson is as good as any to fill the roster spot...he played fairly well for St Louis in a semi-platoon role.

Shoemaker is far removed from that 16 win season two plus years ago -- what happened?

He will probably be back up at some point given the Angels' penchant for injuries to rotation guys but next time up, Shoemaker needs to put some quality starts on the board or his Angels days may be numbered.

people who make comments like this have no clue what they are talking about.  

My apologies.

Perhaps you could educate me on the diagnosis.  I am familiar with a lumbar strain but not a lumbar spine strain.  Please Doc, tell me how to strain a spine.

I will take your answer off the air.